Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhodes On The Way Out?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...of-injury/

14 snaps? 

Seems like the handwriting is on the wall.

He came crashing down quickly.  

He isn’t allowed to interfere anymore, and he started getting early flags, he lost his confidence.  And he isn’t as fast.

He will always pull up with little injuries when he gets burned.  Huge liability. b

He gets rattled easily now. Things get in his head and he blows up. It really sucks because he was absolutely elite. 

Thing is, he was elite for only 2 of his 6 yrs. in the league. Guys that flame out that fast without major injury are not very serious about their athletic careers, not very bright, or genetically cursed. 

If it didn't come from Zimmer's mouth i'd call some BS.

Why he wasn't in the game didn't cross my mind after he limped off the field. Rhodes kinda walked off the field selling it like Ric Flair put him in the Figure Four...

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Thing is, he was elite for only 2 of his 6 yrs. in the league. Guys that flame out that fast without major injury are not very serious about their athletic careers, not very bright, or genetically cursed. 
I think that his game relied heavily on "bump-and-run" / press coverage.  He was known for being physical- especially with big, physical receivers.  But the NFL changed... and they don't allow that kind of coverage anymore (unless you play for GB).  Unfortunately, I don't think Rhodes knew how to cover anyone-without having to rely on a little clutch and grab.  I still think that he got bigger- and less flexible- and that that was a big part of his struggles.  But I don't discount his reliance on pressing, which is not allowed (basically) anymore.  

But I don't know why he couldn't transition to safety.  He still has decent speed and has been a good tackler (although he DOES get hurt every time he makes a solid hit on a ball-carrier, so maybe safety would be out).

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
If it didn't come from Zimmer's mouth i'd call some BS.

Why he wasn't in the game didn't cross my mind after he limped off the field. Rhodes kinda walked off the field selling it like Ric Flair put him in the Figure Four...
Like Chief Jay Strongbow breaking his leg every night on tour against Greg Valentine.  I saw one in Albany after it happened in Utica a few nights before. 

Not saying the writing is on the wall or not, but XR was hurt more than usual yesterday...Looked like a hammy to me.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Not saying the writing is on the wall or not, but XR was hurt more than usual yesterday...Looked like a hammy to me.
Yeah, the writing was on his medical chart, not a wall.  It was a calf, looked like it cramped up on him.

He gets “benched” almost every game the last couple seasons.  Throws a tantrum and Zim 
sits him to cool off or some mystery injury after he gets burned a couple times then he sits for a series and miraculously is healed. Honestly he has not impressed me for three years.  

tired of him blowing  a coverage and blaming it on scheme or teammates etc.  Move on he is one of the worst starters in the league let Hughes get some more time at least Hughes has upside.  Rhodes are wide open.