Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT:Russia banned from 2020 Olympics and 2022 World Cup over doping scandal
(CNN) — The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has unanimously agreed to ban Russia from major international sporting competitions -- notably the Olympics and the World Cup -- for four years over doping non-compliance.
WADA's compliance review committee (CRC) had suggested several sanctions because of the Russian Anti-Doping Agency's (RUSADA) failure to cooperate fully during probes into Russian sport.
WADA's executive committee decided to uphold the recommendations at a meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland on Monday.
Russian whistleblower Dr. Grigory Rodchenkov, who was influential in initially exposing the doping cover-up, praised WADA's decision."Finally, Russia's many doping and obstruction sins will now get some of the punishment they richly deserve. For far too long, Russia has weaponized doping fraud and state-sponsored criminal activity as a tool of foreign policy," said Rodchenkov via his lawyer Jim Walden, in a statement sent to CNN.
"Let every corrupt nation that tries to play from Russia's illicit playbook take heed of today's monumental decision. When doping conspiracies become a crime under the Rodchenkov Anti-Doping Act, cheaters will be in U.S. prisons and clean athletes will be better protected." 
RUSADA has 21 days to accept the decision or send the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/sport/wad...index.html

Now if we could just keep them from voting

Trump soon to announce this is all "fake news", a "total sham", and a "joke of a witch hunt". B)

Its ok, the clinton foundation sold the the dope. 

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
and thanks for taking a sports thread and making it political.

MOVING TO ST if anybody wants to talk about doping,  start a new thread back on the sane side.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

MOVING TO ST if anybody wants to talk about doping,  start a new thread back on the sane side.
Come on, don't care who ya are that was funny.  Sorry if I sullied the sanctity of another Russian "incident". 

Real or invented....I don't care what side of the aisle you're on...it was pretty damn funny.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

Come on, don't care who ya are that was funny.  Sorry if I sullied the sanctity of another Russian "incident". 
I saw the humor,  but I also know that somebody from an opposing view could make what they feel is a humorous post themselves and then we are off to the dump.

personally i dont see why it would be an issue,  i mean ya'll already got the dead voting for your team,  and have done a much as you can to allow illegals in the US to vote,  why dont you embrace the russians... offer them some free vodka?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

I saw the humor,  but I also know that somebody from an opposing view could make what they feel is a humorous post themselves and then we are off to the dump.

personally i dont see why it would be an issue,  i mean ya'll already got the dead voting for your team,  and have done a much as you can to allow illegals in the US to vote,  why dont you embrace the russians... offer them some free vodka?
So who's on the side of doped Russian athletes, someone have a comrade competing