Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: RIP Rene Auberjonois (Benson/ST:DS9/Boston Legal)
Crap :'(   In addition to watching his runs on both Benson and Deep Space Nine, I've followed him on Twitter for about 4 years and got a glimpse of the real person off the screen.  Doted on his grandkids, great amateur photographer and frequently hilarious.
Metastatic lung cancer.  Damn it, he quit smoking in 1980  :/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obi...story.html

loved him on deep space nine.  it takes a very good actor to make a character with that much makeup alive and expressive.

I have a friend who worked with him on DS(.  This is part of what he wrote on FB:

A deep sadness fills me with the loss of my friend and colleague, Rene Auberjonois. We first met when we worked together on Arthur Miller's INCIDENT AT VICHY for the old Hollywood Television Theatre, and I was blown away by his grace and creativity. The play's story revolves around a group of men rounded up by the German gestapo to be executed. One by one they are summoned, and as Rene's character (a French aristocrat) walks up the stairs to meet his fate, he made the choice to trip on a step. It was a lovely human moment where he simultaneously lost and regained his balance and his dignity before facing the firing squad. It was also the kind of choice that only a consummate physical actor, a theatre beast, could make.
I loved Rene's wit and humor, and it was always a pleasure to be in his company whether working 12-hour days in prosthetics or just hanging out and trying to make sense of a mad world. I was also jealous of Rene's sartorial style, a style only he could pull off.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
I have a friend who worked with him on DS(.  This is part of what he wrote on FB:

A deep sadness fills me with the loss of my friend and colleague, Rene Auberjonois. We first met when we worked together on Arthur Miller's INCIDENT AT VICHY for the old Hollywood Television Theatre, and I was blown away by his grace and creativity. The play's story revolves around a group of men rounded up by the German gestapo to be executed. One by one they are summoned, and as Rene's character (a French aristocrat) walks up the stairs to meet his fate, he made the choice to trip on a step. It was a lovely human moment where he simultaneously lost and regained his balance and his dignity before facing the firing squad. It was also the kind of choice that only a consummate physical actor, a theatre beast, could make.
I loved Rene's wit and humor, and it was always a pleasure to be in his company whether working 12-hour days in prosthetics or just hanging out and trying to make sense of a mad world. I was also jealous of Rene's sartorial style, a style only he could pull off.
Very nice. Kindness, wit and grace go along way with people. They remember how you made them feel above all else.