Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start or sit Dalvin?
Sounds like Dalvin's injury might be a pain tolerance issue? It might also be a fumble issue, considering it's his right shoulder, collarbone, clavicle, whatever. I think if it were up to me I'd sit him and let it heal. We're going to need him down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Give Mad Dog Mattis a chance to show what he can do. If we can't beat a Blough-led team in the Bank, we maybe don't deserve the playoffs. I'd also like to see Mike Boone get a few carries over Abdullah. Confused why the team keeps using Abdullah over Boone, who for two years, has been absolutely electric every time he touches the ball. Can't remember who it was but there's a football writer who's convinced that Boone would be a starter on a third of NFL teams. 

I agree completely.  Mattison and Boone would be a handful for any defense.  Give Dalvin time to heal.

Agree as well.  Not sure it will heal until the offseason, but at least give it some time to lose the tenderness. 

Absolutely sit him. And this has nothing to do with the fact that Mattison is on my fantasy bench. Honest.

I don’t think we win division.  I think we make playoffs.  

When in doubt - rest them.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Absolutely sit him. And this has nothing to do with the fact that Mattison is on my fantasy bench. Honest.
Ha! Me too!

After the past two games I had been wondering if the NFL had figured out Cook and/or our blocking schemes for him - but maybe it's the injury.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Ha! Me too!
I've had them both since draft day so it doesn't matter to me. But in terms of fantasy, it would help if there were a clear starter.  :-)

Speaking Thursday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Dalvin Cook (chest) will play against the Lions and "be close to 100 percent."Cook has said all week that his health won't be an issue for Week 14, and now his coach agrees. In a mini slump, Cook has a potential eruption spot in a Lions defense surrendering the third most running back fantasy points. The concern is that the Vikes build a big early lead and then give Cook a breather after his Week 13 scare. Regardless, Cook is a clear top-five play even with the injury question mark.

I'd still sit him. If he didn't fully recover during the bye, I doubt he's near 100%...