Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier is a head case now
He can't keep ahold of his emotions. Its gotten weird.

Xavier Rhodes addressed local reporters this morning about what transpired on the sideline in Seattle. Here is his full statement:

"I just want to start off by saying I apologize to the organization, my team, my family, how I reacted out on that field Monday night.
[Image: vILguSrd_x96.jpg]
Replying to
"I need to play better out on that field, eliminate the penalties and just do well. There's a lot more football going on right now. We still have a great chance of making it to the playoffs and still have a chance to win our division. Right now I'm looking forward to doing that,
[Image: vILguSrd_x96.jpg]
"helping my team day to day, minimize the penalties I have that's going on each and every week and bettering myself."

I asked Xavier Rhodes why he is no longer the same caliber of player from when he was all pro and he said he does not know but is confident he can flip a switch and be better

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I asked Xavier Rhodes why he is no longer the same caliber of player from when he was all pro and he said he does not know but is confident he can flip a switch and be better
Sounds like Tomasson.  X, why do you suck now? Can you address that?

It sure looks like he's lost his confidence...  he's always played on the edge, but now he looks like he panics when he gets beat by a step and resorts to grabbing or being way too physical.  In the past, he would just use his speed and long frame to catch up and swat the ball away.

Something needs to be done.  Either the coaches need to shade coverage his way or give him safety help so he doesn't have to worry about getting beat deep.  If that doesn't work, bench him.

He is really intense. I am thinking he feels that speaking out will help but it's only making it worse.

https://twitter.com/NickLewis37/status/1...91936?s=19

He needs to get lucky. One big play, a pick six, maybe just a pick, will restore his confidence, and more importantly, perhaps offenses will stop targeting him so much. As I said before, I don't care who you are, if you get targeted like he's getting targeted, you're going to give up some plays. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
He is really intense. I am thinking he feels that speaking out will help but it's only making it worse.

Yeah, he is a different dude.  What did BRob call it, Planet Xay?  But he is passionate about the game, he wants to be good.  So maybe as MB sez, one INT could set him right.  This may be the week to do it.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:

Yeah, he is a different dude.  What did BRob call it, Planet Xay?  But he is passionate about the game, he wants to be good.  So maybe as MB sez, one INT could set him right.  This may be the week to do it.
Agree 100%. Intensity is awesome but he has to channel it. I hope he can turn it around.

X was never technically sound,  his speed and long frame  saved his ass a lot.  Now that the quicks are wanning his coverage is suffering and his confidence is in the shitter,   corners with no confidence are liabilities.