Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bridgewater
lol, nobody is saying he's coming back. I'm saying it would be HILARIOUS if he did.

The Vikes are done with Teddy and Teddy is done with Minnesota. They've both moved on. Teddy is never going to sniff what Drew Brees has done, its silliness. Cousins looks to be a giant waste of $84 million. And the world keeps spinning. 

Man this forum has gotten so literal and serious. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
lol, nobody is saying he's coming back. I'm saying it would be HILARIOUS if he did.

The Vikes are done with Teddy and Teddy is done with Minnesota. They've both moved on. Teddy is never going to sniff what Drew Brees has done, its silliness. Cousins looks to be a giant waste of $84 million. And the world keeps spinning. 

It's like everything now days unfortunately.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Tom Moore said:
Guys - Teddy is not coming back to Minnesota, nor is the 2nd coming of Drew Brees.  He still can't throw the deep ball.  He is a game manager and maybe a bit more.  He has lots and lots of check-down throws.  

If asked to win a game, he is not your guy.  He just won't lose them for you.   Miles better than Ponder was, but Case beat him out in 2017, and the is why Teddy was the 3rd QB when deemed healthy to come back, not second string.

Zimmer loved Teddy, but the injury report recovery was too vague to take the chance when they let him go.  They could have fought his NFL tenure to not count his year of service when he was injured, thus making 2018 his 4th year with the team, not 5th.  But, they thought too much of him as a person.

Also know, we saw it materialize in the locker room - Teddy sulked when he was not re-inserted as the starter.  Case supported Teddy, but Teddy would duck out of the locker room before anyone else had even gone to the showers.  His feelings were seriously hurt, and his attitude soured.

Sad how it came to an end as Teddy was just starting to peak, but not sure he was ever going to be a top 15 QB.  Cousins may not either, Case has shown not to be, and Sam Bradford is out of the league.

As for me, if Case would come back as the #2, I'd be thrilled.
As long as he brought the horseshoe. 

I kinda had to chuckle at the notion that Case beat him out in 2017.  IIRC, he came back off PUP late in the season and was second string because Bradford was on temp IR. 
Case beat him out of his return.   Case was expected to take the backup role after the game in Washington, but he played too well to be benched.  That is why he "beat him out"

Quote: @kmillard said:
@StickyBun said:

It's like everything now days unfortunately.
Not really guys.  A lot of people on our Twitter site are enamored with Teddy.  They forget how he overthrew deep receivers by 15 yards.  He was a game and was getting better, but he is not doing much special in New Orleans except not screwing up and making bad decisions with the ball.

He won't come back, but in hindsight, many are remembering (inaccurately) that Teddy as a top tier QB.  

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
He still can't throw the deep ball.  He is a game manager and maybe a bit more.  He has lots and lots of check-down throws.  

If asked to win a game, he is not your guy.  He just won't lose them for you.   Miles better than Ponder was, but Case beat him out in 2017, and the is why Teddy was the 3rd QB when deemed healthy to come back, not second string.
I am guessing Teddy snubbed you for an interview or something, as you obviously have a personal issue with him, because you are so far off base with your assessment and you certainly have not watched him play this year.  It's really unfair for you to say Case beat him out as Teddy was not even healthy that year.  And as far as your assessment of Teddy sulking, really?  The year he was injured, the WRs gave him major props saying he attended their WR meetings and was giving them suggestions on game planning.  

Teddy is 3-0 as a starter and that includes two games against Seattle and Dallas, something our current QB has no chance of doing.  As the starter, he has completed over 73% of his passes and while his first game he was throwing a lot of short passes, last week he was throwing many beautiful long passes that were right on target and had a lot of zip on them.  314 yards and 4 TDs in his 3rd start and his pocket presence was outstanding as he looked very mobile and avoided a number of sacks.

Teddy is everything our current QB is not, he is a WINNER, there was doubts that he would ever play again, the team that drafted gave up on him and he never said a bad word about anyone, he just kept working and he is starting again.  My favorite player in the league by far and I will always will be a fan.  

@greediron said:
@Tom Moore said:
Guys - Teddy is not coming back to Minnesota, nor is the 2nd coming of Drew Brees.  He still can't throw the deep ball.  He is a game manager and maybe a bit more.  He has lots and lots of check-down throws.  

Zimmer loved Teddy, but the injury report recovery was too vague to take the chance when they let him go.  They could have fought his NFL tenure to not count his year of service when he was injured, thus making 2018 his 4th year with the team, not 5th.  But, they thought too much of him as a person.

Also know, we saw it materialize in the locker room - Teddy sulked when he was not re-inserted as the starter.  Case supported Teddy, but Teddy would duck out of the locker room before anyone else had even gone to the showers.  His feelings were seriously hurt, and his attitude soured.

Sad how it came to an end as Teddy was just starting to peak, but not sure he was ever going to be a top 15 QB.  Cousins may not either, Case has shown not to be, and Sam Bradford is out of the league.

As for me, if Case would come back as the #2, I'd be thrilled.
As long as he brought the horseshoe. 

I kinda had to chuckle at the notion that Case beat him out in 2017.  IIRC, he came back off PUP late in the season and was second string because Bradford was on temp IR. 
Case beat him out of his return.   Case was expected to take the backup role after the game in Washington, but he played too well to be benched.  That is why he "beat him out"
Washington?  IIRC, Zim had some major issues with Case's play that game.  THink that was the horseshoe comment press conference. 

Must been hard to beat out a guy that hasn't played for 2 years, gets a few 2nd string reps and wasn't fully recovered yet.  Seems like a line to me.  Case deserved to start because everyone else was hurt.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Tom Moore said:
He still can't throw the deep ball.  He is a game manager and maybe a bit more.  He has lots and lots of check-down throws.  

I am guessing Teddy snubbed you for an interview or something, as you obviously have a personal issue with him, because you are so far off base with your assessment and you certainly have not watched him play this year.  It's really unfair for you to say Case beat him out as Teddy was not even healthy that year.  And as far as your assessment of Teddy sulking, really?  The year he was injured, the WRs gave him major props saying he attended their WR meetings and was giving them suggestions on game planning.  

Teddy is 3-0 as a starter and that includes two games against Seattle and Dallas, something our current QB has no chance of doing.  As the starter, he has completed over 73% of his passes and while his first game he was throwing a lot of short passes, last week he was throwing many beautiful long passes that were right on target and had a lot of zip on them.  314 yards and 4 TDs in his 3rd start and his pocket presence was outstanding as he looked very mobile and avoided a number of sacks.

Teddy is everything our current QB is not, he is a WINNER, there was doubts that he would ever play again, the team that drafted gave up on him and he never said a bad word about anyone, he just kept working and he is starting again.  My favorite player in the league by far and I will always will be a fan.  

I tend to agree. I don't know why some never saw the same bright future for Teddy that many others did. IMO, he's the ultimate "game plan" QB. If you give him the deep ball he'll take it, but if you don't, he'll play short, efficient and mostly error free, getting rid of the ball very quickly. "Game manager" is a label often used as a pejorative, but if you have a good defense and a good back, it's exactly what you want. It's why his QBR is always so high. It's why he wins. It's why the Saints are 4-0 with Teddy at the helm, and why Zimmer loved him so much. He plays the way Zimmer would like Cousins to play. 

I wish nothing but the best for Teddy, but I have to admit, my biggest fear is that he gets the big contract and goes on to be the Saints franchise QB...the next Drew Brees. That will be a bittersweet pill for all of us. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
@Tom Moore said:

I tend to agree. I don't know why some never saw the same bright future for Teddy that many others did. IMO, he's the ultimate "game plan" QB. If you give him the deep ball he'll take it, but if you don't, he'll play short, efficient and mostly error free, getting rid of the ball very quickly. "Game manager" is a label often used as a pejorative, but if you have a good defense and a good back, it's exactly what you want. It's why his QBR is always so high. It's why he wins. It's why the Saints are 4-0 with Teddy at the helm, and why Zimmer loved him so much. He plays the way Zimmer would like Cousins to play. 

I wish nothing but the best for Teddy, but I have to admit, my biggest fear is that he gets the big contract and goes on to be the Saints franchise QB...the next Drew Brees. That will be a bittersweet pill for all of us. 
That right there is what coaches love.  You know what you are gonna get.  You can have a plan and know you QB will deliver. 

The funny thing is, he was also pretty good in the 2 minute drill when called upon. 

He still can't throw the deep ball.  
https://twitter.com/i/status/1181414728968626176

I would bring Teddy Bridgewater back in a heartbeat, but i dont think we can afford him next year, which would be our only chance

I havent watched the film or anything, but the vids i have seen shows a poised QB with all his man muscles now and a stronger arm. He has very good pocket awareness and is moving around very well. If he can improve a little more in his deep ball, he is easily a top 10 QB in this league.