Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adrian Peterson and Dalvin have 1 thing in common....
Far superior?

Oh fuck no. 

Quote: @Canthony said:
@greediron said:
Big difference I see is that Dalvin doesn't get tackled for a loss very often.  I think Peterson was a better runner with his power, speed and vision, but Dalvin is a better player overall.  His quickness through the hole is what makes him so special. 
It is hard to say that. Peterson is the best pure runner I will ever witness. Cook is still coming into he own. Cook is a good all around back but Peterson is far superior IMO
as a pure runner yes.  But as I pointed out, Dalvin makes better decisions.  (shocking, I know).  And he accelerates quicker, which is impressive.  Plus he is a better receiver and in pass pro.  But yes, Peterson was unmatched as a pure RB.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Canthony said:
@greediron said:
Big difference I see is that Dalvin doesn't get tackled for a loss very often.  I think Peterson was a better runner with his power, speed and vision, but Dalvin is a better player overall.  His quickness through the hole is what makes him so special. 
It is hard to say that. Peterson is the best pure runner I will ever witness. Cook is still coming into he own. Cook is a good all around back but Peterson is far superior IMO
as a pure runner yes.  But as I pointed out, Dalvin makes better decisions.  (shocking, I know).  And he accelerates quicker, which is impressive.  Plus he is a better receiver and in pass pro.  But yes, Peterson was unmatched as a pure RB.
Walter and Barry might disagree.  

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
lol ill take a prime AP over dalvin. loveeeee cook but AP is a once in a generation athlete and runner.
That isn't what I said at all or was it ever my point. Unless you are talking to someone else.

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
lol ill take a prime AP over dalvin. loveeeee cook but AP is a once in a generation athlete and runner.
If Cook turns into a LT, Faulk type consistent player.  He will be far more then Adrian.  Adrian is a throw back runner that always had a chance of a home run when given the ball on a hand off.  Cook is much more dangerous how ever you get him the ball, and is not a liability in the passing game.  

Yes Adrian was a once in a life time talent running

Cook is close to that in overall game.

Thanks for posting Sticky, I'll watch for this from Dalvin in upcoming games.
On "any given Sunday" Dalvin can absolutely be better than AD, BUT there are lots of TV shows capable of having a great episode. But the all-time great shows do it week after week, season after season.

We're incredibly lucky to have Dalvin, he's amazing and electric. But AD is in best-ever conversation.
EDIT- I realize Sticky wasn't making a comparison, it just seemed like others might be so I wanted to chime in on that. I'm just happy we've had both players. Our offense without either guy, at the time they played for us, would be much, much worse.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
On "any given Sunday" Dalvin can absolutely be better than AD, BUT there are lots of TV shows capable of having a great episode. But the all-time great shows do it week after week, season after season.

We're incredibly lucky to have Dalvin, he's amazing and electric. But AD is in best-ever conversation.
EDIT- I realize Sticky wasn't making a comparison, it just seemed like others might be so I wanted to chime in on that. I'm just happy we've had both players. Our offense without either guy, at the time they played for us, would be much, much worse.
Yep, thanks Patter. I feel like I need to keep posting I was not comparing the two as to whom is better, lol. 

Here's the other thing: he's a better runner in the NFL than in college. Check out one of his highlight videos from FSU. He reminds you of Percy Harvin. Stiffer. Less shifty. Now look at his highlights just from games this season: shifty, quicker feet, better balance. Not at all to me very Harvin-esque as much. 

Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
If Cook turns into a LT, Faulk type consistent player.  He will be far more then Adrian.  Adrian is a throw back runner that always had a chance of a home run when given the ball on a hand off.  Cook is much more dangerous how ever you get him the ball, and is not a liability in the passing game.  

Yes Adrian was a once in a life time talent running

Cook is close to that in overall game.
Yes.
Loved watching Peterson in his prime.  As I said, best pure runner I have ever seen.  There are others that were special, but he had all the traits for a RB. 

However, as you say, Cook may approach that it he stays healthy.  He likely won't be the workhorse back like Adrian was for many reasons, we hopefully have a better team, he isn't as big, and it isn't that type of game anymore.  But his all around ability reminds me of how dangerous Adrian was as a RB.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:

Yep, thanks Patter. I feel like I need to keep posting I was not comparing the two as to whom is better, lol. 
You opened the conversation with a valid point.  But as discussions go, it takes its twists and turns and no one is saying you were making the comparison of who is better.