Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irv Smith Jr. sets a record

Kind of a "minnie" breakout game for our new #84.  I think we saw just a glimpse of how good of a weapon he's going to be. 

That in a game when they still didn't throw much or need to. He looks like a guy that could routinely get 100 yards receiving, with the targets. We've only gotten 3 from the position in the past 4+ seasons.

I have to say that when he caught his first pass up the seam and got flipped all I saw at first was a big body and an 80 number and thought it was Rudolph getting flipped and I immediately thought season ending injury,  was relieved to see it was the kid and that he bounced right up.

Irv looked real good. I would love to see him get more passes. Dalvin adds such a spark to this offense and Irv could definitely do the same....and imagine what that could do for Thielen and Diggs....

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/VikingsPR/status/117...25953?s=19
Kid looked good out there, smooth runner, loved it.

this could be huge against the bears,  they will already be loading up to stop the run, but if Smith can get going against a LB they will be forced to use a Safety on him and leave either Diggs or AT in single coverage.

Quote: Steve Jordan I certainly remember, not Andrew...Not exactly a high bar lol! But I'll take it and it doesn't detract from big upside with Mr Smith.

What was diggs stat line---didn't see the game but seemed like he was missing for the most part on hi lites

He had a 26 yarder called back...and I want to say another big gainer...