Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enjoyed the win yesterday, but....
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
you are only as good or as bad as your last game... KC was dog shit after GBay,  yesterday he redeemed himself nicely.  lets see what Chicago make him look like,  unfortunately I dont think our OL will do well against the bears front 7 and KC will suffer as a result of it.  IMO our only chance will be to catch their D off guard with a completely new game plan with adjustments pre installed so we can stay on top of them.  Fast start and make Trubisky beat us with his arm is IMO our only chance.
If we can run the damn ball, we have a good chance.  I think we can, hopefully Stef and Kubiak have a good plan against the aggressive front 7.
our D can make Trubisky look bad if our offense gives them a chance.

I would say the two early season games against the Packers and Rams and then the two late season games against the Bears, both of which were losses (one in fact a must win at home) were the 4 games that sort of drove what we did in the offseason. The changes on defense and the addition of Kubiak and running the football. 

So, yeah, this game in Chicago will have a lot to say about what we can expect from the Vikings this season. 

Can the Vikings’ offensive formula work in tough road games? The Vikings have been able to run the ball on 103 of their 168 offensive plays through three games, and while those numbers have been boosted by blowout wins at home, they also stayed committed to the run while rallying in Green Bay a week ago, handing off on 25 of their 65 offensive plays. The Packers, at times, seemed not to want to let Cousins beat them; the Bears could take a different approach with Cook now posting three straight big games and establishing himself as the primary threat on the Vikings’ offense. Chicago’s run front is also stout enough that it might not need to sell out against the run to stop it, especially if it believes Hicks and Goldman can control the line of scrimmage against Elflein, Bradbury and either Kline or Dakota Dozier. In a nationally-televised late-afternoon start at Soldier Field, the Vikings’ offense will face a tough test.

http://www.startribune.com/with-clean-ed...561128332/

the last time the Vikings had a young stud at RB and went on the road to the bears they loaded up to stop him an he rattled off 224 yards.... lets hope!

I think our style of football is very translatable to
hostile environments and against good teams in big games.  I think its more a matter of if we show up or
not.  I do think we’ll struggle against
teams with top DLines as our OLine is still a work in progress.  I don’t have a lot of faith in Cousins or the
team as a whole in big games on the road. 
I think they routinely show up flat or overly anxious and wound up and
making mistakes.