Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hughes will make his 2019 debut today
Per Adam Schefter. 

Perfect timing.

I just pray its because he is ready and not because some people are feeling the heat of the packer loss and not having contracts for next season.

IF he's medically really ready, than today is perfect. Get some live bullets before heading over to Chi-town next week.

I look forward to watching him today. I hope he does very well. 

Read he had some reps at PR...I'm hoping they don't expose him to this...Raiders run a lot of two TE sets, so I think we get a healthy dose of Kearse...

He didn't look too rusty to me today...I don't know his actual snap count, but I saw him out there more than I thought I would game 1 back. 

After long recovery, Vikings cornerback Mike Hughes gets back on the fieldNever in his young life had Mike Hughes gone this long without football. And he hopes he never has to again. 

After suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament nearly a year ago, the 22-year-old Vikings cornerback made his return to the field during Sunday’s 34-14 victory over the Oakland Raiders. 
His stat line didn’t show much — three tackles is all that shows up in the box score — but simply being on the field was his major victory. 
“I was staying patient and trusting the process and doing everything the trainers were telling me to do, and I think everything worked out,” Hughes said. “It was nice to get out there and compete a little bit and get some contact. I was trusting my knee with everything I was doing, and I felt like I had a pretty solid game.” 
It was a step in the right direction for Hughes, though he still has a lot to improve on. There were a few times he looked a little out of place. 
“It was really good for Mike to go out there and get his feet wet,” coach Mike Zimmer said, noting that Hughes missed a few tackles. “I knew he was going to be a little rusty. He’s going to continue to get better and better as it goes on once he continues to build his confidence.” 
As of right now, it looks like Hughes is going to play nickelback, with Mackensie Alexander still dealing with the residual effect of a dislocated elbow. 
“We had a plan all week, and when my number was called, I was ready,” Hughes said. “Nothing that they did out there surprised me. I was ready for everything they threw at us.” 
As for the speed of the game, Hughes noted that wasn’t a problem either. 
“Just being hurt gave me a lot of time to dig my head in the playbook,” he said. “That’s what I did, and that really slowed the game down a lot for me. Especially playing nickel because we have a lot of responsibilities to handle. ” 
It’s still unclear where he will play when Alexander returns, though Hughes’ presence in and of itself should help bolster the depth in the secondary. 
“He’s been moving around great, and I think that’s a tribute to him and work he’s put in,” safety Harrison Smith said. “It’s a team effort, but Mike’s been doing a lot of great things.’’ 
https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/22/af...ally-back/

From PA: Mac Alexander is very probably back for the Chicago game this week. 

It was great to see him out there. I am happy he is back.