Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Sign of an Impending Apocalypse?
https://nfltraderumors.co/report-nfl-has...-chargers/

My condolences to any team in their division.

Suddenly, hockey is looking better and better.... Sad

I don't understand why the chargers aren't in Vegas and the Raiders in LA where they belong.  Glad they're looking at a AFC team though.
And....Epstein didn't kill himself.

Too bad the Bolts couldn't have stayed in SD...

I can see where an owners ego might be allured to be the only NFL team in a country.

Not sure how well you'd be able to lure free agents...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Too bad the Bolts couldn't have stayed in SD...

I can see where an owners ego might be allured to be the only NFL team in a country.

Not sure how well you'd be able to lure free agents...
And Jacksonville to Mexico City?  

I hate to mention him but Florio did point out a couple obvious things - Jacksonville has a right of first refusal on a move to London which they'd have to give up.   And San Diego has a 20 year lease in the new stadium that Kroenke built out of pocket and I doubt he wants to give up that revenue at this point.    It seems like some sort of smoke screen but really for who and are they fooled by it when it makes no sense?

This is a non-story, no way this happens anytime soon for any team. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
I hate to mention him but Florio did point out a couple obvious things - Jacksonville has a right of first refusal on a move to London which they'd have to give up.   And San Diego has a 20 year lease in the new stadium that Kroenke built out of pocket and I doubt he wants to give up that revenue at this point.    It seems like some sort of smoke screen but really for who and are they fooled by it when it makes no sense?
Which may explain why the Jags have played 7 games there, two more than the next team, the Raiders.

But I do not doubt the veracity of any NFL move to Europe.  They have a capped product here in America, with a stagnant fan base and fewer and fewer kids playing the sport.  Millennials care less about team sports, especially "violent" ones.  More ex-NFL players are saying they wouldn't want their kids to play football.  And we haven't seen the end to the concussion/brain damage fallout.

Look at the number of London games.  It used to be a novelty...now they are ingrained in the schedule like those ridiculous Thursday night games.

There's gold in them thar' foreign cities, pardner! Wink

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This is a non-story, no way this happens anytime soon for any team. 
I could see it a whole lot sooner if you added an international division and teams played coming out of their byes or similar with the 4 intra-division games of the international division happening the first and last 3 weeks of their season. 

So this year we have the AFC west and NFC East as well as the 2018 2nd place teams of the NFC South and West.  Then if I'm dong my math right you'd sub out one of those game every other year to go abroad.  OR with the collective bargaining coming up you could add 1 game a season to the schedule as some sort of a cross conference special game going every other year with the hypothetical international division.

Bottom line you'd have an international game every other year with one of the 4 teams coming out of your bye week to allow for travel. 

Never under estimate the ability of the NFL to find more revenue. 

It used to be that the NFL frowned upon gambling and NFL games.

Now that's changed and it's where the  NFL is trying to grow a revenue stream. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
Maybe some non-pressure "pressure" [url=http://https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/11/could-chargers-relocate-to-london][/url]to get Jacksonville off the dime??