Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's Not $84 Million Worth Of QB Play
Quote: @holmanjp said:
Vikings put up 7.0 yards per play and allowed 4.9 yards per play, but lost.

There have only been 13 games in the last 10 years in the NFL with the losing team >7 YPP and winning team <5 YPP.

Kirk Cousins has been the losing QB in 3 such games since 2013.
WOW. That says all you need to know

Fucking Spielman puts his pants on after he puts his shoes on.  That too is all you need to know

Quote: @Skodin said:
@holmanjp said:
Vikings put up 7.0 yards per play and allowed 4.9 yards per play, but lost.

There have only been 13 games in the last 10 years in the NFL with the losing team >7 YPP and winning team <5 YPP.

Kirk Cousins has been the losing QB in 3 such games since 2013.
WOW. That says all you need to know

Fucking Spielman puts his pants on after he puts his shoes on.  That too is all you need to know
We do not need a "scout" to tell us that but hey what do we know?
When Teddy came out and was not putting up gaudy numbers and some called him a game manager. The response was he is a winner. He knows how to win, look at his record. Now we have Cousins and before signing him many pointed to his poor record in big games. The response? It's not his fault, he did not have a good defense, was playing from behind and did not have a consistent running game.
Well, here we are, he is putting up numbers better than Teddy and Case also with an improved cast around d him but somehow we are snatching defeat instead of victories. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yeeesh...

Glad I have it recorded and didn't watch it yet - too much going on today. Guess I'll pass. 

:o 
You will feel better if you just delete it!

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I am so pissed about that INT. All he had to do was keep handing it off. Boneheaded. 
Not his call though. OC called pass for some odd reason. I still think thielen broke his route off as well. 

Never should have been passing at all there.

You guys are sort of nuts on the whole teddy thing. Teddy hasn’t done shit since he left here and there’s a reason for that and plus it would have cost us more to keep him than what it cost others. Teddy is nobody’s answer. And he wouldn’t be ours either. 

We are stuck with Cousins and I think when he goes so will zimmer and spielman.

Quote: @mblack said:
Please don't go there. Cousins is the guy and Sloter has no business being on this team.
Cousins is "a" guy, but will never be "the" guy.  

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:
I am so pissed about that INT. All he had to do was keep handing it off. Boneheaded. 
Not his call though. OC called pass for some odd reason. I still think thielen broke his route off as well. 

Exactly. Why wouldn't you run? They couldn't stop it, and they were gassed.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:

Wait, so all last year and this off-season there were tons of fans clamoring for the run to set up the play action pass.  The Vikings ran and set up a play action pass.

Don't blame a terrible throw on play calling.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
I'd seriously make a trade for Teddy ... 3rd rounder and Rudolph to free up cap space.
Really? He got his chance today and produced a stat line very similar to his days as a Viking: 165 yards, no TDs, and that looks even worse when he's surrounded by  weapons like Thomas and Kamara in a scheme that likes to throw. Teddy slid in the draft for a reason, and Spielman bit.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Vikergirl said:

Wait, so all last year and this off-season there were tons of fans clamoring for the run to set up the play action pass.  The Vikings ran and set up a play action pass.

Don't blame a terrible throw on play calling.
BS. If they can't stop it, why stop yourself?  This has nothing to do with fans clamoring. It had everything to do with stopping yourself. And the play caller should know you can't trust a guy who was erratic all day. Why not trust a guy who was producing? Cook. It was first down so Cousins should have thrown it away. But why not run it a couple more times, then throw if needed?