Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Influenced by Barr’s move, Dozier left Jets to sign with Vikings
When linebacker Anthony Barr spurned the New York Jets in March and re-signed with the Vikings for less money, offensive lineman Dakota Dozier took notice. 
Dozier was a free agent after playing five seasons with the Jets. He had been thinking of re-signing with them. 
“At that point, I’m a free agent and still probably leaning to going back to New York,’’ Dozier said. “But I saw that and I was like, ‘Hey, that’s happened before so clearly something is wrong with this organization.’ But I wish them the best.’’ 
What happened before was quarterback Kirk Cousins turned down a three-year, $90 million Jets offer in March 2018 to sign a three-year, $84 million deal with the Vikings. Barr signed a five-year, $67.5 million contract with Minnesota after verbally agreeing to a five-year deal with the Jets worth in excess of $75 million. 
Dozier said the Jets offered him the same contract as the Vikings. But he chose to sign a one-year, $805,000 million deal with Minnesota. 
The Jets and Vikings have competed over other players. In January, the Jets wanted to sign wide receiver Jeff Badet, who spent last season on the Vikings practice squad and since has been waived, before he agreed to re-sign after Minnesota sweetened the offer with a $75,000 signing bonus. 
The Vikings waived kicker Kaare Vedvik on Aug. 31 and wanted to sign him the next day to the practice squad before the Jets claimed him on waivers. But Vedvik was a bust in his first game, missing an extra point and a field goal, and he was waived Tuesday. 
“It’s been funny to watch that,’’ Dozier said of the teams competing for players. “Actually, I was with the Jets when Kirk was a free agent and there was a possibility of him coming and no. Then Barr, same thing, no. 
“Obviously, you want to go get a nice contract and all those things, but that says something special about this building and the people in it that even if it’s not exactly the same amount of money, I want to here. And so that’s really encouraging me because that tells me this is a place I want to be.’’ 
https://www.twincities.com/2019/09/11/in...h-vikings/

In his Vikings debut, Dozier played three snaps as a tackle eligible and four on special teams in a 28-12 win over Atlanta on Sunday. Now, he could play a much bigger role. 
Left guard Pat Elflein missed practice Wednesday because of a knee injury, and his status is uncertain for Sunday’s game at Green Bay. Dozier practiced with the first team and said he will be ready to go if needed. 
“If my number gets called, it’s time to go to work,’’ Dozier said. “The coaches feel confident in my ability, I feel confident in my assignments, so if they call me, I’m up.” 
Dozier takes pride in his versatility. The only one of the five offensive line spots he hasn’t played in a regular-season game is right tackle. 

Elf needs to be placed on the shelf. Whether it's this injury or lingering effects from his previous injuries, he is not the same guy from his rookie season. Time to give Dozier a chance. 

"But he chose to sign a one-year, $805,000 million deal with Minnesota"
That sounds like a great deal, that's like the GDP of Barbados.  And they have better medical insurance than the US

he chose to sign a one-year, $805,000 million deal with Minnesota. 

I think I figured out why the team has cap problems....

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Damnit spielman----ye're killin us

Quote: @Akvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Damnit spielman----ye're killin us
That should go in someone's signature.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
"But he chose to sign a one-year, $805,000 million deal with Minnesota"
That sounds like a great deal, that's like the GDP of Barbados.  And they have better medical insurance than the US
crap i was just copying that to comment lol. one hell of a contract!!!!