Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packer week
Yeah, I think the yella team is better this year. But I think the purple team just might be too. Here are the numbers our offense put up against the yella team in their two match ups last season...

Cousins: 767 yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT
Thielen: 286 yards, 2 TDs
Diggs: 205 yards, 3 TDs
Rudy: 14 catches, 135 yards

I say they're yella. 

Add Cook to that total this year and we will be good.

And imagine the terror in Rodgers eyes when he sees Barr walk up to the end of the line on play 1. 

Lay there and bleed a while

[Image: Anthony-Barr-Vikings.jpg]

Ok...

In our best years we primarily split, so there is 50+ years of precedence there.

Granted it's just one game, and that Bears at that. But I really believe (personnel and scheme wise) GB's D is much improved - Leber was on KFAN a few minutes ago and believes this as well. That Double Eagle look of theirs could give the O fits - but its susceptible to outside runs too. 

Our interior OL is going to have its hands full with their front 7...Potentially 3 new players in Bradbury, RG and the LG too (assuming Elf is out). 

I don't know how good this Viking team is yet?  Vegas has GB at -3 (close to a pick-em) 

I think Cousins is going to get hit a lot in this game. Expect Rodgers to get rid of the ball quickly. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think Cousins is going to get hit a lot in this game. Expect Rodgers to get rid of the ball quickly. 
Expect Capt'n to get rid of it quickly too lol!

Key to Rogers is containment...Guy is clearly most dangerous ad-libing and on the move. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Ok...

In our best years we primarily split, so there is 50+ years of precedence there.

Granted it's just one game, and that Bears at that. But I really believe (personnel and scheme wise) GB's D is much improved - Leber was on KFAN a few minutes ago and believes this as well. That Double Eagle look of theirs could give the O fits - but its susceptible to outside runs too. 

Our interior OL is going to have its hands full with their front 7...Potentially 3 new players in Bradbury, RG and the LG too (assuming Elf is out). 

I don't know how good this Viking team is yet?  Vegas has GB at -3 (close to a pick-em) 
Recently the record is 5-1-1.  Granted, one year was with Rodgers laying down (as seen above) and then missing the second game.  But still, 5-1-1 and would be 6-1 if Carlson could hit a chip shot.
Biggest question for me is how our D does against the new offense.  Hopefully Zimmer has it dialed in already.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Ok...

The key match up when we're on offense is Kenny Clark...  he's turned into a really good player inside.  Bradbury and whoever plays LG are going to have a tough test again.  He's better than Grady Jarrett. 

If we can win there and keep Cousins from getting pressure in his face, we'll be fine.  We'll see how good Zadarius and Preston are at keeping Cook contained on those outside zone runs.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@purplefaithful said:
Ok...

The key match up when we're on offense is Kenny Clark...  he's turned into a really good player inside.  Bradbury and whoever plays LG are going to have a tough test again.  He's better than Grady Jarrett. 

If we can win there and keep Cousins from getting pressure in his face, we'll be fine.  We'll see how good Zadarius and Preston are at keeping Cook contained on those outside zone runs.
Yup. Clark has been a good player for a # of seasons now...He's definitely one that needs to be accounted for and they'll probably need to double him quite a bit too.