Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vedvik Cut!
Not only has he not kicked in a regular season NFL game, he only made 10 field goals on 16 attempts during his college career.

It'd be interesting to run it back, taking him entirely off of the FG unit through Camp and pre-season games. Put him at punter and PK exclusively, let him hold exclusively and see if it ends differently...

I still just cannot wrap my head around how confident the front office was over this as a viable field goal option. You can't expect a punter who's made 20ish field goals to replace Dan Bailey.  The saving grace is what Sticky said; it's good we pulled the plug, accepted it was wrong, and moved on.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
Not only has he not kicked in a regular season NFL game, he only made 10 field goals on 16 attempts during his college career.

It'd be interesting to run it back, taking him entirely off of the FG unit through Camp and pre-season games. Put him at punter and PK exclusively, let him hold exclusively and see if it ends differently...

I still just cannot wrap my head around how confident the front office was over this as a viable field goal option. You can't expect a punter who's made 20ish field goals to replace Dan Bailey.  The saving grace is what Sticky said; it's good we pulled the plug, accepted it was wrong, and moved on.

Basic panic move...

Speaking of Vikings trades, Minnesota caught some flak for trading a fifth-round pick for kicker/punter Kaare Vedvik and then cutting him a few weeks later. Vedvik struggled during the preseason, and Minnesota opted to stick with Dan Bailey as their kicker. The Jets ended up claiming Vedvik off waivers, but Minnesota apparently wanted him back. The Vikings had offered him a spot on the practice squad and he was likely going to accept before New York claimed him, Tomasson tweets.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/