Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vedvik Cut!
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Practice Squad???
Nope. Jets claimed him

Great use of a draft pick by the current administration,  but since they are professionals and I am just a fan I am sure I cannot comprehend why this will be shown as a good move.

Apparently the Jets are claiming Vedvik off waivers.  Rumors are they are one of the team that the Vikings out-bidded for Vedvik's services...

Bailey was the best kicker before they traded for Vedvik and he still is now. 

and they got rid of Wile

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Bailey was the best kicker before they traded for Vedvik and he still is now. 
I never figured they got him to push out bailey this year,   but to take the punting duties from Wile and the kickoffs and long  FGs if Bailey struggled again like last year...(under 50% from 40-49 yards)

Once again the brain trust pisses away a draft pick and then doesnt give it a chance to work out.  The kid moved half way across the country, gets dumped into a new city,  a new lockerroom,  and is given less than 3 weeks to settle in.... this was a dumb ass move if they weren't going to commit to it more than that.

It's one of those damned if you try and damned if you don't.  Fifth round picks are a day three commodity pick, the last pick in the 5th round next year ain't gonna be that big a deal.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
It's one of those damned if you try and damned if you don't.  Fifth round picks are a day three commodity pick, the last pick in the 5th round next year ain't gonna be that big a deal.
Tell this to Diggs. On another note, I thought draft picks were valued commodity?

Don’t despair, Rick already has five 7th rounders going into the next draft...  Wink 

Vikings 2020 Draft Pick Update: Rick Spielman closer to owning entire seventh roundhttps://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/1/20844113/minnesota-vikings-2020-draft-pick-update

Quote: @Kentis said:
Don’t despair, Rick already has five 7th rounders going into the next draft...  Wink 

Vikings 2020 Draft Pick Update: Rick Spielman closer to owning entire seventh round
its called cap management,  we couldnt have afforded that 5th rounder any way so we might as well throw it away instead of wasting time on a potentially decent player that wont make the team when we can bring in 5 camp bodies for much less money and not look as bad when they dont stick.