Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vedvik Cut!
Tom Pelissero @tompelissero

The #Vikings informed kicker/punter Kaare Vedvik they’re waiving him, per source. Vedvik – acquired three weeks ago for a fifth-round pick – could be back on the practice squad. But they’ll roll with Dan Bailey as kicker and Matt Wile as punter.

Well, that's frustrating.  I think Wile is the biggest issue with our FG kicking.

And the clusterF continues with the kicking game

Quote: @pumpf said:
Well, that's frustrating.  I think Wile is the biggest issue with our FG kicking.
Maybe Beebe will be the holder. 

O for fucking dumb

I’m shocked. Carlson had one horrible Sunday and he was gone.  Vedvik had 2 not very good preseason games and he’s cut.  Both of them young, inexperienced, just beginning their careers and no doubt feeling the added pressure of being unproven.  i don’t know when the last time was a kicker/ punter has ben on a practice squad but I hope Vedvik makes it and develops into the k/p we know he can be.

better off with Bailey. simple as that. 

pretty dumb trade at the time. its even worse now. 

oh well moving on with the hopes our kicking game isnt a nightmare this year!

Just straight up mistake. I said as much the day it happened. But moving on from mistakes is usually not the forte of NFL GMs.

Spielman made a mistake and moved on from it immediately. Keep moving forward.

How do we know it was a mistake---seems like too short a period to truly evaluate.

Was it just to push Bailey?