Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Dan Bailey made the team.
Sums it up:

"Dan (Bailey) is a big-time pro -- treats everything professionally," Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said after the game, per the team's Twitter account. 
As for Vedvik's chances of winning the punting job in Minnesota ...
Quote:
[Image: vILguSrd_bigger.jpg]
Oh boy. Kaare Vedvik gets his chance to punt, and his punt is returned 79 yards for a touchdown.
It turns out, trading a fifth-round pick for an unproven kicker/punter might not be a good idea. Who knew?

A 5th Round pick he would have traded for two 7ths anyway. So who really cares?

I'm serious. When has Rick ever not had enough freaking picks in a  Draft?

You guys act like he traded a 2nd for the kid. SMDH.

To be fair, Bailey really started kicking better after there was competition.  Vedvik has about face planted into the turf since he's arrived.  I'm not sure his KOs are any further than Bailey's.  I also don't think he's a better punter than Wile.  But, he cost us a 5th rounder, so I'm sure he makes the team.

Why is the kicking game so hard for Zimmer and Rick to figure out?

Quote: @HappyViking said:
To be fair, Bailey really started kicking better after there was competition.  Vedvik has about face planted into the turf since he's arrived.  I'm not sure his KOs are any further than Bailey's.  I also don't think he's a better punter than Wile.  But, he cost us a 5th rounder, so I'm sure he makes the team.

I don't know what the issue is... we've had a lot of moving parts in the kicking game, which doesn't help I'm sure.  We just need to settle on one LS, one holder, and one kicker and let everyone do their job.

And yes, Bailey started kicking better once he had some competition.  If trading that 5th turns Bailey back into the guy he was for most of his career in Dallas, it will be worth it regardless of Vedvik making the team or not.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@HappyViking said:

I don't know what the issue is... we've had a lot of moving parts in the kicking game, which doesn't help I'm sure.  We just need to settle on one LS, one holder, and one kicker and let everyone do their job.

And yes, Bailey started kicking better once he had some competition.  If trading that 5th turns Bailey back into the guy he was for most of his career in Dallas, it will be worth it regardless of Vedvik making the team or not.
I noticed Wile was holding last night.  What happened to Beebe? 

Why wouldn't you just have Vedvik kick off and punt and keep working on his FGs. Wile isn't all that great and Vedvik I think would be just fine.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Wetlander said:
@HappyViking said:

I noticed Wile was holding last night.  What happened to Beebe? 

Beebe didn't dress as I assume he made the team. Maybe trying to figure out the real issue with the FGs? lol

Wile is gone IMO,  no way Rick eats another 5th rounder on a kicker.   as far as the return last night,  that means nothing IMO,  it was in the 4th quarter of the 4th preseason game with guys that likely were so far out of position its not funny.  The kid has a monster leg and will settle down once his role is established.  Have him punt this year and handle KO duties and work on his FGs in case of emergency,  but focus on the 40+ since Bailey gets erratic from 40 out.

I think it is a good plan Jimmy.  Let the kid develop and he could become a weapon.  Seems odd to not dress Beebe tho, at least to be the holder.