Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like WR Bisi Johnson is making the 53 man roster
Time to cut bait on Treadwell......

Quote: @JoDakota said:
Time to cut bait on Treadwell......
He should have stayed in Buffalo last night for any draft pick we could get and a few pounds of Anchor Bar chicken wings.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
I cant shake a feeling that our #3 WR will end up being a guy who isnt even a WR on paper: Irv Smith Jr.

2 TEs under center? motion to shotgun and send Irv wide. Shotgun Irv in the slot? motion him on the line and call that shotgun run. Defense not respecting his pass catching ability and/or route running? They'll pay.

We'll obviously need a #3 WR. I kinda feel we can mask it in a big way this season.
Yes, I think you're right.  The team is really high on Irv Smith and I think he'll get as many snaps (or more) than our WR3 this season.  The coaching staff has been really impressed with his blocking and realized he's not just a receiving TE (like they thought when they drafted him). 

If he can stay on the field with Rudolph, that makes our offense very multiple and unpredictable.  We can run out of those 2 TE sets, shift him or Rudy out to the slot to create mismatches, etc.  I have a feeling we'll see a different offense than what the Vikings showed in preseason.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@BlackMagic7 said:
I cant shake a feeling that our #3 WR will end up being a guy who isnt even a WR on paper: Irv Smith Jr.

2 TEs under center? motion to shotgun and send Irv wide. Shotgun Irv in the slot? motion him on the line and call that shotgun run. Defense not respecting his pass catching ability and/or route running? They'll pay.

We'll obviously need a #3 WR. I kinda feel we can mask it in a big way this season.
Yes, I think you're right.  The team is really high on Irv Smith and I think he'll get as many snaps (or more) than our WR3 this season.  The coaching staff has been really impressed with his blocking and realized he's not just a receiving TE (like they thought when they drafted him). 

If he can stay on the field with Rudolph, that makes our offense very multiple and unpredictable.  We can run out of those 2 TE sets, shift him or Rudy out to the slot to create mismatches, etc.  I have a feeling we'll see a different offense than what the Vikings showed in preseason.
I really hope so too. The 3rd preseason game was really rough. Brought back memories of the DeFillipo days (too much hype with little production)

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@BlackMagic7 said:

I think you're both right...

Running game and TE's - the hallmark of a Kubiak offense. We'll see it in spades vs Falcons. 

Edit: I watched and interview with this kid on tv. Very articulate and bright. Mix that with athleticism and I can see why this late rounder is about to make an NFL squad.