Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like WR Bisi Johnson is making the 53 man roster
One note from Vikings walk-throughs today: It was just the team's projected starters and players unlikely to play in the fourth preseason game. Bisi Johnson was in that group. So if it wasn't clear before, expect Johnson to make the team's 53-man roster.

I'd like to see Johnson ahead of Beebe on the depth chart IMO...

Krauser‏ @Krauserrific:Bisi Johnson’s preseason so far:

5/6 for 83 yards, 1 TD
(The incompletion should’ve been DPI in the end zone)
Perfect 158.3 rating when targeted
3rd best PFF grade among 50 qualifying rookie WRs

Johnson went 247th overall, the 28th of 28 WRs drafted.

So what youre saying is, we are..."gettin' Bisi" ?

Would be awesome to see Bisi or really anyone step up and own the WR3 job.
Talented WR3s aren't growing on trees but many hopeful playoff teams are in much better shape at this position than we are (Kupp, Sanu, DJax, Coutee, etc). Would be great to see somebody like that in purple.

Very relieved he stepped up. Beebe is limited, shit Treadwell will prolly make the team 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Very relieved he stepped up. Beebe is limited, shit Treadwell will prolly make the team 
Tread might, but if the team really wants to have something different at the #5 spot, it really should be Taylor. 

There was talk and buzz about Bisi from day 1...Hopefully they found a legit diamond in the rough.

I cant shake a feeling that our #3 WR will end up being a guy who isnt even a WR on paper: Irv Smith Jr.

2 TEs under center? motion to shotgun and send Irv wide. Shotgun Irv in the slot? motion him on the line and call that shotgun run. Defense not respecting his pass catching ability and/or route running? They'll pay.

We'll obviously need a #3 WR. I kinda feel we can mask it in a big way this season.

Kubiak O pretty much has the TE as the third receiver...not a lot to be concerned about...