Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Sloter starting tonight? When is the starting lineup released?
Just wondering - and hoping to see Sloter start the game.

Havent read anything on it...

My own opinion is Mannion plays a series or 2 then they turn it over to Sloter and Browning...And it will be primarily vs Buffalo's 3rd/4th stringers, bubble players. 

I heard somewhere that Mannion might not even play, but that could have just been speculation.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
I heard somewhere that Mannion might not even play, but that could have just been speculation.
If thats the case, then Mannion is the 2nd string QB. 

Strong rumor that its the Sloter show tonight the whole game from Pioneer Press. Mannion is no doubt the #2 QB.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@1VikesFan said:
If thats the case, then Mannion is the 2nd string QB. 
There's no doubt that Mannion is QB2. The only question remaining is...do the Vikings keep 3 on the active roster? Because if they don't, Sloter doesn't make the team.

I think most of the roster is pretty cut and dried. But there are going to be some very tough decisions surrounding Sloter, Browning, Udoh, Vedvik, Wile and Bailey in particular. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Strong rumor that its the Sloter show tonight the whole game from Pioneer Press. Mannion is no doubt the #2 QB.
its a no win for the kid at this point.  if he shows good (again) its because its just scrubs he is going against,  if he shows shitty it will be on him (not the scrubs he is forced to play with)

I wish him the best at this point,  but I dont see how he ever gets a legit shot after all the questions from the public and the coaches basically circling the wagons against the kid.  I will be curious to see who they dress with him tonight and what kind of game plan the come out with.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
its a no win for the kid at this point.  if he shows good (again) its because its just scrubs he is going against,  if he shows shitty it will be on him (not the scrubs he is forced to play with)

I wish him the best at this point,  but I dont see how he ever gets a legit shot after all the questions from the public and the coaches basically circling the wagons against the kid.  I will be curious to see who they dress with him tonight and what kind of game plan the come out with.  
Don't see how it was a circling of the wagons against him.  Zimmer said he played well and is a gamer.  But tempered the backup to the backup QB love fest with some coaching speak, and frankly is pretty spot on.  QBs in this league need to be able to read a D, run the offense, and have the mental part down before they are ready to play for real.  Sounds like Sloter has plenty to work on, but that Zimmer likes him.

The following Vikings are not expected to play against the Buffalo Bills on Thursday night:

4 Sean Mannion QB

8 Kirk Cousins QB

12 Chad Beebe WR

14 Stefon Diggs WR

19 Adam Thielen WR

20 Mackensie Alexander CB

21 Mike Hughes CB 

22 Harrison Smith S

25 Alexander Mattison RB

26 Trae Waynes CB

27 Jayron Kearse S

29 Xavier Rhodes CB