Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Another Arrow In Your Viking Social Media Quiver
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@savannahskol said:

"OT Topics" would not be "allowed"  without special circumstances. 

I get it....OT/Politics/Life/Parent Brags/Societal stories/  etc, etc.....are not the "main focus"  of a "Vikings Board".

Yet,   WTF?  Why not be a one-stop shop?   Why subjugate "OT"  subjects, to a separate board/category? 
Savannah...  you CAN post OT's on the main Longship board.  The only topics that need to be posted in the Sensitive Topics forum are political and religious discussions (because they always get heated).  If you want to post a parent brag thread or something cool that happened in your life or a difficult situation that happened (asking for feedback), those types of topics can certainly be posted in the Longship forum.

I don't know why there keeps being this misconception that all OTs need to be posted in one spot... they don't.  Just wanted to clarify that for you (and others).
and the board operates (quite well I might add) as one board for those that choose to view all topics on one board instead of having to choose to move from board to board (also an option)  if a person is able to see the ST board and uses the "recent discussions" tab it will show ST and Longship on one page.... as was determined to be a best solution from many involved at the time, including some of those that still chose to leave.  I think for some its like changing jobs, or cities/houses,  they arent happy very long in any one place.. and there is nothing wrong with that.

Also just want to note, that historical perspective may not be quite accurate.  There were 2 sites - post PT.  As I recall the first run by Ritchie with Nibe as the marketing/drum beater on some gaming forum.
This site was created as a need for something better and tailored to our needs.  Don't know all the details, but I believe Mike and some others built this site.  Ritchie always claimed ownership, among other things.  But don't think that holds water.
Just my 2 cents to clarify that bit o history.

Quote: @greediron said:
Also just want to note, that historical perspective may not be quite accurate.  There were 2 sites - post PT.  As I recall the first run by Ritchie with Nibe as the marketing/drum beater on some gaming forum.
This site was created as a need for something better and tailored to our needs.  Don't know all the details, but I believe Mike and some others built this site.  Ritchie always claimed ownership, among other things.  But don't think that holds water.
Just my 2 cents to clarify that bit o history.
that is mostly correct.  Ritchies version was a beta site at best and it was after Mike and a few others created this site (completely different host)  was Ritchie told to GTFO.  A few years later we outgrew the 2nd host and Mike moved us to this place.  (there might have even been one more transition in there as well.)

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm the polar opposite of Savannah on many issues outside of football. I don't view this post as trolling, really don't...

That said this board went the direction it did for reasons the powers that be felt were best at the time. 

IT is what it is at this point...Frankly there are a # of good boards out there. The Viking Horn board, aint my cup of tea and I dont see myself as a regular there - but different strokes for different folks..
PF, there are 2 posters on this site that i trust their judgement better than my own. I wont name the other but you are one. That said, clearly Savannah took the opportunity to reply to a newcomer in an attempt to punctuate and reinforce his discontentment with the thread.  Yes one in which I also jokingly disparaged another site in response to him as well.  If I had made that joke on the other site, in response to negative feedback from a newer poster, would that not be trolling? 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@savannahskol said:
@MizzuVike said:
@MizzuVike said:
 All boards have their pluses and minuses just like this one.

This thread has turned into a minus for this board.
Deal with it. 

This board was "created" as an "exodus" from a PurpleThoughts meltdown/brainfart I. 

The early "owners" (RitchieBlackMore/Nibelungen/KingBash)  promised a safe-haven from an over-modded PT. 

Timing was everything, and we followed. And in the early days, it delivered. 

Ritchie was dispatched (maybe properly) Nibelungen faded, and KB posts often in the "OT posts"
I sometimes wonder if he even recognizes how much this board strayed from the original "mission". 

The "board" grew, with PT diaspora, and others.  

In the meantime, Mike Olson and Tom Moore became phenomenal contributors to the site.  
They're talented individuals.  

They assumed control of the board.  
& then they decided "OT Topics" would not be "allowed"  without special circumstances. 
Well, that decision was enough for most of us, to bolt (including me).  
That was NOT in the "original mission" that many of us signed up, for. 

I get it....OT/Politics/Life/Parent Brags/Societal stories/  etc, etc.....are not the "main focus"  of a "Vikings Board".

Yet,   WTF?  Why not be a one-stop shop?   Why subjugate "OT"  subjects, to a separate board/category? 

WHAT'S WRONG, WITH JUST LETTING VIKING FAN POSTERS, JUST HAVE TOTAL FREEDOM TO POST.....WHATEVER?

Well, that "motif" is "alive" with VikingHorn.proboards.  Not here.  Sorry Mizzu. lol. 

Whatevs, I'm 56 yo, and this silliness needs to end.  This should be my last post here, promised earlier.    

Just wanted to give you a "historical" perspective.  
Typical fly by troll post. I always appreciated your football acumen, but please stop with the “this is my last post” drama. You’ve done it multiple times, so why do you continue to troll here?  

This is a one stop shop, one more click and you can spout all the senseless ramblings of your current political fandom on theSensitive topics board, hell even invite your friends and form your illustrious circle!  

The truth is you and Bob come here to troll. If you didnt, you’d cease the thinly veiled troll posts and talk football.  Instead you whine like a jilted teenager who’s prom date went awry. 

Please come here and talk football, or go to the other board here designated for other topics, or go ahead and follow through with your oft-repeated threat to stay away. 
sorry, but I dont think we have ever met. but for someone who just trolls here, it seems funny that I have as many posts as you. I also had over 22K here before the board change.... so I dont think calling me a troll is accurate  THIS was home for many many years, and its always been said that you can always go back home even for a visit.
With that said, let me see if I have this right, you are fine with a poster here naming OTHER BOARDS as a place to frequent, But when another poster says Viking Horn is pretty good too and is more active than the other boards named by said poster and then that same poster takes it upon himself to give his mentally deranged version of a board that he basically never spent time at, and again you seem fine with that... So I then give a different POV of that board, THEN your poster boy for condoms not only attacks me personally, but attacks many others as well, and again YOU seem perfectly fine with that!!!
News Flash for you, There are many posters here that are ALSO over there, and you know what?  we dont call them trolls, we call them members of our community.

Have a Nice Day

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@Bullazin said:
@savannahskol said:
@MizzuVike said:
@MizzuVike said:

Deal with it. 

This board was "created" as an "exodus" from a PurpleThoughts meltdown/brainfart I. 

The early "owners" (RitchieBlackMore/Nibelungen/KingBash)  promised a safe-haven from an over-modded PT. 

Ritchie was dispatched (maybe properly) Nibelungen faded, and KB posts often in the "OT posts"
I sometimes wonder if he even recognizes how much this board strayed from the original "mission". 

In the meantime, Mike Olson and Tom Moore became phenomenal contributors to the site.  

& then they decided "OT Topics" would not be "allowed"  without special circumstances. 

WHAT'S WRONG, WITH JUST LETTING VIKING FAN POSTERS, JUST HAVE TOTAL FREEDOM TO POST.....WHATEVER?

Well, that "motif" is "alive" with VikingHorn.proboards.  Not here.  Sorry Mizzu. lol. 

Whatevs, I'm 56 yo, and this silliness needs to end.  This should be my last post here, promised earlier.    

Typical fly by troll post. I always appreciated your football acumen, but please stop with the “this is my last post” drama. You’ve done it multiple times, so why do you continue to troll here?  

This is a one stop shop, one more click and you can spout all the senseless ramblings of your current political fandom on theSensitive topics board, hell even invite your friends and form your illustrious circle!  

The truth is you and Bob come here to troll. If you didnt, you’d cease the thinly veiled troll posts and talk football.  Instead you whine like a jilted teenager who’s prom date went awry. 

Please come here and talk football, or go to the other board here designated for other topics, or go ahead and follow through with your oft-repeated threat to stay away. 
sorry, but I dont think we have ever met. but for someone who just trolls here, it seems funny that I have as many posts as you. I also had over 22K here before the board change.... so I dont think calling me a troll is accurate  THIS was home for many many years, and its always been said that you can always go back home even for a visit.
With that said, let me see if I have this right, you are fine with a poster here naming OTHER BOARDS as a place to frequent, But when another poster says Viking Horn is pretty good too and is more active than the other boards named by said poster and then that same poster takes it upon himself to give his mentally deranged version of a board that he basically never spent time at, and again you seem fine with that... So I then give a different POV of that board, THEN your poster boy for condoms not only attacks me personally, but attacks many others as well, and again YOU seem perfectly fine with that!!!
News Flash for you, There are many posters here that are ALSO over there, and you know what?  we dont call them trolls, we call them members of our community.

Have a Nice Day
yeah, im not very famous. Yes, im ok with posting links to other boards, ive done it on multiple sites. Ive been to the horn, and yes i read the gratuitously intolerant views and yes suggestive violence on that board.

Its actually very ironic you would admonish me for hypocrisy Bob, and my behavior is not pristine, but both mods here reserve the right to Love Irony, and laugh at dumb people, respectively,  and there is a strong supply of both in this thread. 

So I pledge to never accuse you of trolling if you dont do it, but targeting newer posters and crowing about your home board size was a trolling act, not to mention your frenetic response to the agitator, didnt seem in kind to me. And if his implied allegation that P1 was threatening on another board,  it just reinforces what i stated in the first paragraph 

[Image: yyxquat3y7i4.jpeg][Image: 42gk0sdecrc3.jpeg][Image: ay0bfmp5z1or.jpeg]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I guess we know who is the REAL Tattletale  huh?? 

good God you two/three.  enough already.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@Bullazin said:
@savannahskol said:
@MizzuVike said:
@MizzuVike said:

Deal with it. 

Have a Nice Day
yeah, im not very famous. Yes, im ok with posting links to other boards, ive done it on multiple sites. Ive been to the horn, and yes i read the gratuitously intolerant views and yes suggestive violence on that board.

Its actually very ironic you would admonish me for hypocrisy Bob, and my behavior is not pristine, but both mods here reserve the right to Love Irony, and laugh at dumb people, respectively,  and there is a strong supply of both in this thread. 

So I pledge to never accuse you of trolling if you dont do it, but targeting newer posters and crowing about your home board size was a trolling act, not to mention your frenetic response to the agitator, didnt seem in kind to me. And if his implied allegation that P1 was threatening on another board,  it just reinforces what i stated in the first paragraph 
Gratuitous intolerant views and suggestive violence???  Jesus Christ man, have you opened your eyes to THIS BOARD????  just so you know, your poster boy here used to PM members of his ilk and say " hey he is on, lets go attack him all at once and get him banned"  would you like to know how I know that???  feel free to ask a mod about me and what I helped with on this board for many years 
Hypocrisy is funny huh??  only people that you disagree with are hypocrites I guess....
my frenetic response to the to the agitator. Well I give you credit for acknowledging the agitator!  and no, my response wasnt meant to be in kind towards the agitator, why would it be?  did you see the stuff he wrote about me? but it seems like you are ok with that.....   
Please show me where P1 was threatening ANYONE....   I seriously doubt it happened, BUT if it did, I am 1000% sure it would be in response to the agitator starting trouble at another board....  your poster boy has a long history of stirring up shit. 
Like I said, MANY members here are also members there....