Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Dillon Mitchell??
I haven't watched the 2nd half of the last game yet, but from what I've seen during preseason (not all snaps), I haven't heard or seen of Dillon Mitchell.  Has he been hurt, just not catching on that much, or just getting rookie snaps and is doing okay considering where he was drafted?  It seems our WR corps is up in the air after Thielen/Diggs and was hoping he could eventually challenge for that #3 spot... 

He had a lot of drops in TC, he's not going to make the team.  Only question is if they want him on the PS.

MIA

Bisi Johnson is the late round WR that is making the biggest impact.  He might even challenge Beebe for the WR3 spot.  From what I've read, Mitchell has a ton of speed and looks really quick on the field, but he's struggling with the mental part of the game (running correct routes, lining up properly, etc.).

Okay thanks, that's disappointing to hear... 

I'm not sure he makes the PS to be honest.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm not sure he makes the PS to be honest.
He looks great on the run, but if The Hands are not there, he's not gonna make it.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Bisi Johnson is the late round WR that is making the biggest impact.  He might even challenge Beebe for the WR3 spot.  From what I've read, Mitchell has a ton of speed and looks really quick on the field, but he's struggling with the mental part of the game (running correct routes, lining up properly, etc.).
It's funny how things change. Taylor was the star of OTAs and a no-show at training camp. Beebe was the star of training camp but keeps making stupid mistakes. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bisi moves ahead of him. 

I love what Bisi brings to the table, but in an perfect world, he and Beebe are 4 and 5 receivers and we find a better WR3.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
It's funny how things change. Taylor was the star of OTAs and a no-show at training camp. Beebe was the star of training camp but keeps making stupid mistakes. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bisi moves ahead of him. 

I love what Bisi brings to the table, but in an perfect world, he and Beebe are 4 and 5 receivers and we find a better WR3.
I disagree. I think Bisi is definitely a #3 WR. 

I think #3 is an insignificant number.  It wont be any 1 player but will be a fluid rotation of Bisi, Beebe, and Treadwell or Zylstra.  

It really wont matter much as they will likely see limited targets with RB, Smith and Rudolph getting more of those looks when defenses double both AT and Diggs.