Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why Sloter is still 3rd string
Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
I've been following the Vikings since the late 80s and I can't recall a #2 or #3 Viking QB having as much success as he has in the preseason.  Most #2 & #3s in the past were adequate, sometime barely at that, at moving the ball.  This makes Sloter so much more intriguing, because he's sustaining drives and putting points on the board while not turning it over. 

Perhaps, the Vikings plan all along is to take their time and develop him, similar to how it was done with Brad Johnson in the 90s.        
They wont get that much time.  He is getting frustrated with how slow they are with letting him progress and I can about assure you he will walk first chance he gets unless something dramatically changes.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
I've been following the Vikings since the late 80s and I can't recall a #2 or #3 Viking QB having as much success as he has in the preseason.  Most #2 & #3s in the past were adequate, sometime barely at that, at moving the ball.  This makes Sloter so much more intriguing, because he's sustaining drives and putting points on the board while not turning it over. 

Perhaps, the Vikings plan all along is to take their time and develop him, similar to how it was done with Brad Johnson in the 90s.        
They wont get that much time.  He is getting frustrated with how slow they are with letting him progress and I can about assure you he will walk first chance he gets unless something dramatically changes.
How do you know he is getting frustrated? 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:

How do you know he is getting frustrated? 
Twitter seems to point that way.

Well if we don't want to develop him further by uping his competition (2's) ten by all means trade him to indy for a 2nd  and 4th.