Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's economic update
Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
Extra Extra read all about it!!  SFvike and Kingbash start thread when the stock markets drop after reaching all time highs. You guys are as predictable as Childresses offenses. 
All- time highs huh??

LMAO

Hey genius, it's been FLAT FOR 18 MONTHS, after gaining almost 7000 points in the first 12 months before announcing tariffs.  Do you understand that?  Do I need to post a graph, calendar, and get some crayons out for you two?

The sheer willful ignorance of Trump supporters to do everything in their power to overlook the painfully obvious is beyond disturbing.

Yeah it's peaked and hasn't budged for a year and a half, and now that it's dropped SF is just being mean wwahhh wahhh
The dow is up about 8,000 points since election night. We were in the 18k range then, Im not about to do all the math again for you but 8/18 is what 45% in 2.5 years??  Pretty sure most would be happy with that. When the China deal gets done (he’ll need it to get re-ellected) we’ll hit 30k on the dow. 

It should hit 30K. That's the trend it's been on since Obama took office.

[Image: dow-obama-trump.png?ssl=1]

If you want to compare Obama's stock market to Trump's directly and up to today's date, you can find that here: 

https://www.macrotrends.net/2481/stock-market-performance-by-president

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It should hit 30K. That's the trend it's been on since Obama took office.

[Image: dow-obama-trump.png?ssl=1]

If you want to compare Obama's stock market to Trump's directly and up to today's date, you can find that here: 

https://i0.wp.com/norberthaupt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/dow-obama-trump.png?ssl=1
Remember how he whined about the mess he inherited when he took office?

They'll conveniently ignore this post.

Look at that same graph.  You're bitching because we've had a flat period after hitting an all time highs several times during Trumps tenure.  Look at how many flat periods occurred during Obama's term, it happens. It sure as $hit is a lot easier to get the first 50% then it is to get the subsequent 50 and then subsequent 50 again. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
Extra Extra read all about it!!  SFvike and Kingbash start thread when the stock markets drop after reaching all time highs. You guys are as predictable as Childresses offenses. 
All- time highs huh??

LMAO

Hey genius, it's been FLAT FOR 18 MONTHS, after gaining almost 7000 points in the first 12 months before announcing tariffs.  Do you understand that?  Do I need to post a graph, calendar, and get some crayons out for you two?

The sheer willful ignorance of Trump supporters to do everything in their power to overlook the painfully obvious is beyond disturbing.

Yeah it's peaked and hasn't budged for a year and a half, and now that it's dropped SF is just being mean wwahhh wahhh
The dow is up about 8,000 points since election night. We were in the 18k range then, Im not about to do all the math again for you but 8/18 is what 45% in 2.5 years??  Pretty sure most would be happy with that. When the China deal gets done (he’ll need it to get re-ellected) we’ll hit 30k on the dow. 
Dude, stop it.  

"Since election night ...."

You are applauding all of Trump's gains since his November election that were all BASED ON SPECULATION, back when people thought we had some highly successful businessman that would negotiate better deals.  He was riding Obama's policies until he passed his own legislation in January 2018.

Stop lumping the gains from Obama's policies in with Trump's.  Why do you willfully ignore when Trump announced his trade wars and the fallout from his tariffs, and keep gping back to the market's success BEFORE THAT???

Seriously dude, you look past foolish at this point.  Own it.  Trump's trade wars are a fucking economic disaster and you refuse to acknowledge it.

What is it with you guys?  You can't admit racism anymore, now you can't admit the market's are stalled out due to Trump's policies?  It's fucking nuts watching you guys dance around the obvious because you just can't bring yourselves to admit it.

It's fucking bizarre, irrational and 100% cult'ish.

All time highs? It's called momentum. That's like blaming Obama for the big low point just after he took office. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Look at that same graph.  You're bitching because we've had a flat period after hitting an all time highs several times during Trumps tenure.  Look at how many flat periods occurred during Obama's term, it happens. It sure as $hit is a lot easier to get the first 50% then it is to get the subsequent 50 and then subsequent 50 again. 
By all means, show me where there was a period of 18 months  of consecutive flat growth or 900 point losses in the Dow Jones from 2009-2017.

I'll wait.

Depending what day you grab sometime in November/December 2014 until the election in November of 2016 it was for all intesive purposes flat. 

April of 2011 till through November of 2012 was flat as well. 

I suppose I could pull precise dates and numbers at the office if you must have them. 

But during both those times it was flat. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
By all means, show me where there was a period of 18 months  of consecutive flat growth or 900 point losses in the Dow Jones from 2009-2017.

I'll wait.

Also ill need to look up on the single day losses. On a daily drop its not points its percent loss if we want to compare apples to apples. I’d be quite suprised if there wasnt such days.  There were some rough days coming out of the recession and there were some very rough days in 2011 during the southern euro collapse. 

Then youve got the flash crash. 2010ish or 11ish??Didnt the market lose 1000 points in an hour that day? Except the Dow was around 10k so it was about twice as bad as Monday. 

So Trumps -900 day was -2.9% which wasn't even his top 5 which shows you how often it happens. 

Obama:
8-2-11    -5.508-10-11  -4.628-4-11    -4.316-24-16  -3.39

Those are the easiest ones.  There's plenty more +3% drops.  I frankly don't feel the need to find them for you.  But, I'll guarantee there's going to be more and more of these large swing days as more and more of the market gets concentrated into index funds/etf's and algorithmic trading takes over.