Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL QB Youthquake...
Fortunately, the next wave of franchise quarterbacks has arrived in force. And they're ready to take over.
Josh Allen. Sam Darnold. Jared Goff. Lamar Jackson. Patrick Mahomes. Marcus Mariota. Baker Mayfield. Dak Prescott. Josh Rosen. Mitchell Trubisky. Deshaun Watson. Carson Wentz. Jameis Winston. Throw in Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins—rookies expected to start—and nearly half of this year's starting quarterbacks are 26 years old or younger. And they're all bona fide starters or blue-chip prospects: no wishful-thinking Nathan Peterman/Trevor Siemian types in the bunch.
That's a youthquake. It's also a very wide tent: pocket passers, scramblers, fit-the-system guys, break-the-system guys, tall guys, tiny guys, brash guys, quiet guys, guys of many colors and creeds, guys who have already made it, are just climbing the mountain or have already reached the crossroads. 
There's strength in that diversity. This groundswell of young quarterbacks isn't tied to any one trend, tactic or gimmick; they cannot all be defeated by one new squiggle on Bill Belichick's whiteboard. All they have in common are age, occupation and dazzling potential. 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847...ce=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

I dont think I'd be lumping Mariota, Jameis and Trubisky with Mahomes and Wentz...But I do remember not too long ago when it looked like we had a problem of quality, young QB's coming into the league.