Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Think twice before checking a bag with some of these airlines...
The study analyzes Department of Transportation statistics from 2012 through 2018 and finds that the airlines least likely to lose your luggage are Delta and Frontier, followed by Spirit.
Meanwhile, the odds of losing luggage are greater for passengers flying Envoy Air, ExpressJet, and SkyWest. These 3 carriers rank at the very bottom of the list with over twice the number of complaints as the top performing airlines.
Of U.S. carriers, American was the only airline to report an increase of lost bags. United saw the most improvement with 49% fewer complaints of lost baggage, followed by Delta with a decrease of 47%.
Here's a look at lost luggage statistics by U.S. carriers:

The wife and I fly a fair amount. She flies far more than I do, and has flown a multitude of international and domestic flights. But when we have a choice of carrier, we always fly Southwest. Despite the ranking above, they have been very good for us.

3 bags per every 1000 hardly seems like systematic failure. 
Unless yours is 1 of 3.

Flew Spirit Airlines recently for the first time. Was very impressed. They were ahead of schedule, seamless and pretty low cost. No problem with bags. They are an a la carte type airline. Cheap A to B but you pay for the extras.

Many years ago I had an airline lose both my bags. Well they didn't lose them because I did get them. Just not when I finally landed. That was a nightmare flight. Changed planes in Chicago. The plane I moved to had mechanical issues. We sat in that plane for an hour waiting. Then they moved us to a different plane. Well I don't know where my bags got moved but wasn't there in Mpls. However the airline made good the best they could. When my bags made it to Mpls they sent them by courier to where I was staying and upgraded me to 1st class on my return. I was actually happy. I can wear the same clothes for 2 days. I just needed a tooth brush and some deodorant. The cost of that was well worth my only 1st class ever.