Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From The Party Of Family Values...It Almost Like A Plank In The GOP Platform
https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/pith...ay-hookups

Self loathing is never a good thing. 

Always find it funny when liberals expose themselves as bigots criticizing others for behavior they supposedly approve of.  Yes, hypocrisy is rampant.  Some here just seem to love it.

Quote: @greediron said:
Always find it funny when liberals expose themselves as bigots criticizing others for behavior they supposedly approve of.  Yes, hypocrisy is rampant.  Some here just seem to love it.
I'm sorry you don't understand what bigotry means.

You see, liberals don't care about your sexual preferences.  But when you run for office on a platform that bashes homosexuality, when you're a closet homosexual yourself ... that makes you a hypocrite  - but you don't get to call anyone bigots for pointing out Republicans hypocrisy and their bullshit family values they pretend to tout.

SF, if I could like this more than once I would.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@greediron said:

You see, liberals don't care about your sexual preferences.  But when you run for office on a platform that bashes homosexuality, when you're a closet homosexual yourself ... that makes you a hypocrite  - but you don't get to call anyone bigots for pointing out Republicans hypocrisy and their bullshit family values they pretend to tout.
Or, he could just be simply representing his constituents- regardless of what he personally thinks about homosexuality.  Kind of like the "Catholic" Democrats who continually vote for more and more abortions.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@greediron said:

Seems that is all they care about these days.
Yes, those politicians are hypocrites.  Just like so many others on this board calling out sin in others while celebrating their own.

I guess I side with the conservative side here.  The fact that as someone who supports ones right to choose what lifestyle makes you happy. How can I not be a hypocrite condemning them? As someone who's also a Christian it not my place to condemn someone else's "sin". 
I don't have enough info to judge these men. The articles don't reveal enough. Only labels. Does it mean if you are gay you can't be Christian? Some may think yes, I won't. If you vote against laws because you don't feel that gays should be treated differently then straights that makes you automatically a hypocrite?  No it doesn't. As pumpf says. They should vote as the majority of their constituents wish not his beliefs.
Would it have been better if they were open about it? Well yes. However isn't it hypocritically on my part if my more conservative side says a persons private life is not governments business? I miss those conservatives.
In short I respect their rights to their choices including their right to resign. It's a free country you can quit a job. Even a job you were elected for if it interferes with your private life. Your happiness.
Not enough info to condemn these men as hypocrites. Sorry that would be hypocritical by me.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
 I guess I side with the conservative side here.  The fact that as someone who supports ones right to choose what lifestyle makes you happy. How can I not be a hypocrite condemning them? As someone who's also a Christian it not my place to condemn someone else's "sin". 
I don't have enough info to judge these men. The articles don't reveal enough. Only labels. Does it mean if you are gay you can't be Christian? Some may think yes, I won't. If you vote against laws because you don't feel that gays should be treated differently then straights that makes you automatically a hypocrite?  No it doesn't. As pumpf says. They should vote as the majority of their constituents wish not his beliefs.
Would it have been better if they were open about it? Well yes. However isn't it hypocritically on my part if my more conservative side says a persons private life is not governments business? I miss those conservatives.
In short I respect their rights to their choices including their right to resign. It's a free country you can quit a job. Even a job you were elected for if it interferes with your private life. Your happiness.
Not enough info to condemn these men as hypocrites. Sorry that would be hypocritical by me.
I think we can condemn sin, in fact I think that is what we are called to do.
But as you say, once we start judging the hearts of others, we are treading into water we can't walk on.  I think there is right and wrong, but also realize I fall on the side of wrong way too often.  But I can still call right and wrong, just need to recognize the only heart I can judge is my own.

Quote: @greediron said:
@suncoastvike said:
I think we can condemn sin, in fact I think that is what we are called to do.
But as you say, once we start judging the hearts of others, we are treading into water we can't walk on.  I think there is right and wrong, but also realize I fall on the side of wrong way too often.  But I can still call right and wrong, just need to recognize the only heart I can judge is my own.
I choose not to push my beliefs on others. I believe everyone in this country has the right to choose their religion. Even if it means they choose to not believe at all. I found out along time ago if I try and force my beliefs on someone it usually only pushes them away. If they come to me. Well, let's talk about what's bothering you. Maybe I know someone who loves you even for your faults.