Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hughes decision might be made Friday..
Maybe he'll get a few live bullet reps before the Big Boy game @ Soldier Field in 2 weeks?

http://www.startribune.com/mike-hughes-m...560809072/

Upon return Hughes will add much-needed depth to Vikings secondary
On third-and-5, Aaron Rodgers found star receiver Davante Adams lined up across from hybrid safety/nickel/linebacker Jayron Kearse. Even the best corners in the NFL can’t track Adams so it wasn’t a shock to see a 21-yard gain to set the Packers up inside the red zone. Five plays later, Geronimo Allison scored on a 12-yard touchdown pass in front of Nate Meadors, who had just been elevated from the practice squad.

The Vikings held Rodgers and the Packers to only one more touchdown and slowed Green Bay to just 6.1 yards per pass attempt by the end of the game but that was largely because of tremendous pass rush from defensive ends Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffen. With starting nickel corner Mackensie Alexander out and Xavier Rhodes missing snaps in Week 1 and struggling at times in Green Bay, 2018 first-round pick Mike Hughes’ return could be coming just in time.
Hughes practiced in full on Wednesday and Thursday, indicating he has a strong chance to play this week.
“For me to be able to go full practice and do every session, every period with my teammates, it’s just a blessing,” Hughes said. “I’m taking everything in stride and I’m just ready to play.”
https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019...secondary/

When he does return, Hughes said he will play with a knee brace in his first game back.
“I don’t feel like it slows me down at all,” he said.
With rumors the Vikings could be in the mix for Jalen Ramsey, getting Hughes back will feel like they acquired a new corner considering he only saw the field for 244 defensive snaps in ’18. Though the 5-foot-10 defensive back said that last year’s training camp and handful of snaps helped him gain an far greater understanding of the game.
“Especially playing nickel, that was my first year playing nickel last year, so a year with that under my belt, I’m a lot more comfortable making calls and certain adjustments,” Hughes said. “A lot of things I did last year carried over to this year and those things will play a big factor. I’ll be ready.”

personally, i'm not in that much of a hurry to see him on the field. I'm excited to see him play, but the need, to me, is outweighed by the type of injury he's coming off of and a sense that the more time he spends not risking it the healthier he'll be long term.

If he's ready to roll, let's go. If he's pushing it, there's no rush. It's a long season.  

These players make it seem easier and easier to return from these things, yet, the McKinnon situation comes to mind. I can't imagine he felt he was "rushing" a return... who knows how it goes with these things.

He looked like a stud early last season, and that's the type of player I want playing down the last 4 games of the season and in the playoffs.