Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Put on the shades, these kids futures are bright
Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Purple Haze said:
Actually the whole problem started when any accountability went out the window.  Did you see where 60 kids in Philadelphia rushed into a Walgreens, ran up and down the isles knocking things off shelves, breaking things and stealing things.  They even broke a bottle over the head of one of the workers who dared to try and stop them.  Then they just ran back out and went on their merry way. They were all caught on cameras either in the entry way of the store or one of the many inside the store.  What the hell is wrong with kids now days. I dont know anyone when I was growing up that would dare doing anything like this, knowing damn well it would be the end of them if they did.
Do you think kids are different these days? Or do they appear worse because now have video records of almost everything they do, and insatiable, 24-hour media covering it all? I think the worst thing I ever did was to steal all of the "city limits" signs at every road into town (blasting Ride of the Valkyries from my car stereo). But I do knew kids who played mailbox baseball, vandalized cars and houses, shot cows from farm roads, among other things. And, honestly, now that I think about it, I've been hearing stories of fast food workers spitting (or worse) into burgers for decades. 
Agreed.  As I said in another thread, I have done stupid stuff in my youth.  But yes, I didn't share it on the internet to show everyone how stupid I was.  Road signs, racing over 2 lane road, bahaaing and generally being a stupid boy. 

So yeah, get off my lawn!
It struck me tho, I was just thinking the other day, it is in our lifetime that plastic sealed containers have become a thing.  Remember the poisoned aspirin?  Some dumbass thought it would be funny to possibly kill someone, so now everything is sealed (except good ice cream I guess.)
Wow, yeah, forgot about the racing. Over 90 on the wrong side of the road I remember once. A side street no less. With others in the car. But for the grace of God...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Purple Haze said:
Actually the whole problem started when any accountability went out the window.  Did you see where 60 kids in Philadelphia rushed into a Walgreens, ran up and down the isles knocking things off shelves, breaking things and stealing things.  They even broke a bottle over the head of one of the workers who dared to try and stop them.  Then they just ran back out and went on their merry way. They were all caught on cameras either in the entry way of the store or one of the many inside the store.  What the hell is wrong with kids now days. I dont know anyone when I was growing up that would dare doing anything like this, knowing damn well it would be the end of them if they did.
Do you think kids are different these days? Or do they appear worse because now have video records of almost everything they do, and insatiable, 24-hour media covering it all? I think the worst thing I ever did was to steal all of the "city limits" signs at every road into town (blasting Ride of the Valkyries from my car stereo). But I do knew kids who played mailbox baseball, vandalized cars and houses, shot cows from farm roads, among other things. And, honestly, now that I think about it, I've been hearing stories of fast food workers spitting (or worse) into burgers for decades. 
Agreed.  As I said in another thread, I have done stupid stuff in my youth.  But yes, I didn't share it on the internet to show everyone how stupid I was.  Road signs, racing over 2 lane road, bahaaing and generally being a stupid boy. 

It struck me tho, I was just thinking the other day, it is in our lifetime that plastic sealed containers have become a thing.  Remember the poisoned aspirin?  Some dumbass thought it would be funny to possibly kill someone, so now everything is sealed (except good ice cream I guess.)
Wow, yeah, forgot about the racing. Over 90 on the wrong side of the road I remember once. A side street no less. With others in the car. But for the grace of God...
Exactly.  That is often my conclusion (not always my first thought, but usually where I leave it.)

Most of the ice cream lines that I have worked with use either a tamper evident heat shrunk film ring on the out side of the lid or have a plastic ring with tab built into the lid that requires the end user to tear the ring off.  This is common on scrounds.
They don't usually have a plastic film over the ice cream like cottage cheese would.
It has been a while since I worked with ice cream but I believe once it goes through the filler, the containers enter either a tray or spiral hardening tunnel. 
 I thought I remember that ice cream is frozen from the inside out to prevent an ice ball or crystals but I cannot remember and can't find anything on the internet about freezing ice cream other than home production.   There is some info on cryogenics being used to prevent ice crystals.
Bottom line is that Blue Bell needs to implement an external film type tamper evident ring or film to their production lines. 

@Purple Haze said:
Do you think kids are different these days? Or do they appear worse because we now have video records of almost everything they do, and insatiable, 24-hour media covering it all? I think the worst thing I ever did was to steal all of the "city limits" signs at every road into town (blasting Ride of the Valkyries from my car stereo). But I knew kids who played mailbox baseball, vandalized cars and houses, shot cows from farm roads, among other things. And, honestly, now that I think about it, I've been hearing stories of fast food workers spitting (or worse) into burgers for decades. 
I think the video records of it make it all a one upmanship type deal. If he can lick ice cream i can pee in the OJ type thing. Back in the day it was just your circle of friends and urban ledgends. Now days you can watch dumbasses world wide. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Purple Haze said:

Amen to that...

16 or 17 years old in a Mustang Mach 1 - I still remember the Hurst shifter on the floor. 120 down a side street about 2:00 am. Yes, but for the grace of God.

The problem is the government requiring warning labels on everything (Please remove shirt before laundering).
Stupid used to kill itself off at a reasonable pace. Now, stupid is allowed to breed more stupid at an alarming pace.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
one of my favs!!!

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Most of the ice cream lines that I have worked with use either a tamper evident heat shrunk film ring on the out side of the lid or have a plastic ring with tab built into the lid that requires the end user to tear the ring off.  This is common on scrounds.
They don't usually have a plastic film over the ice cream like cottage cheese would.
It has been a while since I worked with ice cream but I believe once it goes through the filler, the containers enter either a tray or spiral hardening tunnel. 
 I thought I remember that ice cream is frozen from the inside out to prevent an ice ball or crystals but I cannot remember and can't find anything on the internet about freezing ice cream other than home production.   There is some info on cryogenics being used to prevent ice crystals.
Bottom line is that Blue Bell needs to implement an external film type tamper evident ring or film to their production lines. 
This is what I was referring to earlier when I said sealed.  They have
heat shrunk film or plastic ring around the lid.  Can't remember the
last time I bought Ice Cream that didn't have this but obviously I'm not
buying Blue Bell.

Every now and then an asteroid strike doesn't sound so bad...