Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economically, Obama could be the worst president ever.
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
My apologies, but I don't understand the posting of a 2013 article claiming Obama was the worse President economically when Obama still had another term to go (the article was definitely designed to sway voters against Obama  (unsuccessfully)).  Moreover, the author has real issues dealing with facts.  In response to 9/11, he wrote an article that stated that "there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan" although census numbers show Afghanistan has roughly ten to fifteen times as many Muslims as the United States.  Pumpf, I have to say that your post seems the very definition of trolling.

And frankly, just based on logic alone, a president that leads the country out of a recession should be consider better (economically) than a president that leads the country into a recession. 
You're right... it IS trolling.  I'm doing the EXACT same thing that Barr did.  In fact, I even quoted the same website that he did.  I suppose that's why no one bothered to comment on his last thread: because they knew it was trolling.

But, for some strange reason, when he does it to attack a "conservative" (well, a Republican anyway), none of you guys seem to care.  I didn't see a single person in this thread (looking at you Maroon) say anything about the opinion piece Barr posted from Forbes... or call him out for "trolling".  It would seem that the concern people have about trolling is rather selective.  Hmmmmm....

If your referring to the moon tweet thread, that was the same day, kinda makes it a current event or the most recent embarrassment.    

Quote: @pumpf said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
For someone who doesn't support trump, you seem quite willing to defend  him even at the cost of your  integrity.
In case you haven't figured it out, I'm not defending Trump.  I'm defending this board from your inane, bait posts.  YOU are the one who is fixated on Trump, as you constantly post silly little criticisms of him.  The criticisms, themselves, aren't silly; but the way you post them is.  You're not interested in any kind of meaningful discussion about him or his policies.  You just want to clutter the board with the evidence of your TDS.  It's dumb.  So, I'm going to do exactly what you do: post something negative about a liberal politician every time you decide to be a troll and post a bait post about Trump (or anyone else for that matter).  You don't respect the board enough to grow up... then I'll get right down onto the kindergarten carpet with you.  MAYBE you'll (someday) recognize how immature it was to post these things the way you did.

Like I said: if you were interested in having some kind of reasoned discussion about policy, ideology, etc... then I wouldn't care.  But since you've decided to make the board your personal toilet, I thought you might like to see what it looks like when someone else does it.  
Sheesh, pumpf, that's your defense? "He started it?" Even so, I don't think it's quite the same thing. There's a great quote in this book I know about judgement...specks, planks, etc.  

If you guys start so many different threads like this I will never break the {584} posts in the yellow box I've ignored from the "so no collusion" thread. Guess that will have to be my record.
How about one big He Said Thread? 

Quote: @pumpf said:
@VikingOracle said:
My apologies, but I don't understand the posting of a 2013 article claiming Obama was the worse President economically when Obama still had another term to go (the article was definitely designed to sway voters against Obama  (unsuccessfully)).  Moreover, the author has real issues dealing with facts.  In response to 9/11, he wrote an article that stated that "there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan" although census numbers show Afghanistan has roughly ten to fifteen times as many Muslims as the United States.  Pumpf, I have to say that your post seems the very definition of trolling.

And frankly, just based on logic alone, a president that leads the country out of a recession should be consider better (economically) than a president that leads the country into a recession. 
You're right... it IS trolling.  I'm doing the EXACT same thing that Barr did.  In fact, I even quoted the same website that he did.  I suppose that's why no one bothered to comment on his last thread: because they knew it was trolling.

But, for some strange reason, when he does it to attack a "conservative" (well, a Republican anyway), none of you guys seem to care.  I didn't see a single person in this thread (looking at you Maroon) say anything about the opinion piece Barr posted from Forbes... or call him out for "trolling".  It would seem that the concern people have about trolling is rather selective.  Hmmmmm....
 I am sorry, are you calling me out as a hypocrite because I didn't point out the flaws in a post I didn't read?  Just so I understand it, you believe the best way to battle trolling is to become one yourself?

Let me give you an example of what I believe to be hypocritical -- complaining about religious intolerance affecting your chosen religion and failing to defend religious intolerance against other religions. But that is just my personal belief and not directed at you in particular.

Not The Onion?

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Not The Onion?
Nope.  Just another offseason on "as the Vikefan's turns"

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Not The Onion?
The Onion is actually less funny than Ferrara. Guy's a right wing loon. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
For someone who doesn't support trump, you seem quite willing to defend  him even at the cost of your  integrity.
In case you haven't figured it out, I'm not defending Trump.  I'm defending this board from your inane, bait posts.  YOU are the one who is fixated on Trump, as you constantly post silly little criticisms of him.  The criticisms, themselves, aren't silly; but the way you post them is.  You're not interested in any kind of meaningful discussion about him or his policies.  You just want to clutter the board with the evidence of your TDS.  It's dumb.  So, I'm going to do exactly what you do: post something negative about a liberal politician every time you decide to be a troll and post a bait post about Trump (or anyone else for that matter).  You don't respect the board enough to grow up... then I'll get right down onto the kindergarten carpet with you.  MAYBE you'll (someday) recognize how immature it was to post these things the way you did.

Like I said: if you were interested in having some kind of reasoned discussion about policy, ideology, etc... then I wouldn't care.  But since you've decided to make the board your personal toilet, I thought you might like to see what it looks like when someone else does it.  
Sheesh, pumpf, that's your defense? "He started it?" Even so, I don't think it's quite the same thing. There's a great quote in this book I know about judgement...specks, planks, etc.  
Nope, not a defense.  I don't think there is a "defense" for me doing this.  I think it's stupid... and I feel like a d*ck for doing it.  But that's kind of the point...

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@pumpf said:
@VikingOracle said:

I am sorry, are you calling me out as a hypocrite because I didn't point out the flaws in a post I didn't read?  Just so I understand it, you believe the best way to battle trolling is to become one yourself?

Let me give you an example of what I believe to be hypocritical -- complaining about religious intolerance affecting your chosen religion and failing to defend religious intolerance against other religions. But that is just my personal belief and not directed at you in particular.
I don't think I ever used that word... or implied it directly at anyone.  But I AM calling out anyone who thinks it's stupid when I do it (which I do)... but thinks it's "great" when someone else does it.

And I'm all for religious tolerance.  I just wish that the religion- itself- got to decide what it believes (or should believe) rather than the PC mob.  Unfortunately, we've reached a time and place where only PC approved religious are allowed (by certain politicians and political groups).