Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its only been May/June and OTAs, but.....
I keep reading from defensive players that the offense is different this season and been much more difficult to deal with. Its a theme I keep reading about in interviews.

Not trying to be silly or overreactive, but maybe there is something there. Grain of salt, but it gives a fan a little hope for a turnaround season possibly. 

Not to pour water on it. Difficult to deal with describes my mood over the offense last year. Are they saying better or just different? 
I got a sister in law who's a little different and difficult. Different can mean different things.
Here's to hoping for a good difference.

I'm optimistic about the off-season changes the team is making.

Color me crazy, but I dont think this falls under the category of insanity. I think the staff is vastly improved offensively and the scheme will be too. Up to the players to learn and execute it. 

Will be fun to watch this unfold come September. I think the Vikings are absolutely in contention to win The North. 

For the record. I was just being sarcastic. I do that as a defense mechanism. Can't help myself.
I want to believe we're better then 8-7-1. I thought so before last year.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm optimistic about the off-season changes the team is making.

Color me crazy, but I dont think this falls under the category of insanity. I think the staff is vastly improved offensively and the scheme will be too. Up to the players to learn and execute it. 

Will be fun to watch this unfold come September. I think the Vikings are absolutely in contention to win The North. 
I am optimistic as well.  Just hope they don't take too long to grasp the offense.  Cousins should be fine as he should be very familiar with it.  My big concern is having the O-Line set and gel.  Glad they are all healthy and seem to be set.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I keep reading from defensive players that the offense is different this season and been much more difficult to deal with. Its a theme I keep reading about in interviews.

Not trying to be silly or overreactive, but maybe there is something there. Grain of salt, but it gives a fan a little hope for a turnaround season possibly. 
We don't have any game "proof", so I know we need to grab whatever news we get.
That said...can anyone show me a case where players on a football team told reporters anything negative about their team in preseason/OTA? Like, "Geez, the offensive players really seem confused, I think fans should keep their expectations down", or, "Well that draft pick just isn't cutting it, I don't see what the GM saw in him"...?? No. So yeah, keep that salt shaker handy.

lol, yes just like I said, take with a grain of salt. I don't know how many disclaimers I can put in my original message. 

[Image: MyCrankypants.jpg]

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Not to pour water on it. Difficult to deal with describes my mood over the offense last year. Are they saying better or just different? 
I got a sister in law who's a little different and difficult. Different can mean different things.
I have heard that the offensive line is much more difficult to scheme against. That is probably a good sign.

Quote: @Canthony said:
@suncoastvike said:
I have heard that the offensive line is much more difficult to scheme against. That is probably a good sign.
I'm looking forward to pre-season. Last year the 1st string struggled to score and be consistent. I'm hoping to see the 1st unit make the most of their limited time. That could be a great sign. I'll stay optimistic but do want to see what it will kinda look like 1st.

I heard the same thing.  What I heard was from the from the snap of the ball the running plays and pass plays look the same.