Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Sr. writer Will Brinson picks Bradbury to be OROY
No link. Heard it on his podcast today at the gym. I could be wrong, but I don't think an offensive lineman has ever won rookie of the year...

Would love that. “The Grim Reacher” is coming for you!!!!!

If that happens, we've likely had Cook rush for 1,400 yards and 12 touchdowns...Cousins' pressures have decreased by 50%, and we've got 12+ wins...

I would buy a whole truckload of that

I love Brinson's intent, but it will never, ever, ever happen. Only "skill" players (as in, the ones who throw/catch/carry the ball) get OROY.  Hell, despite my whining about the pick, Mattison is more likely to get OROY than a center.

Quote: @RS Express said:
I love Brinson's intent, but it will never, ever, ever happen. Only "skill" players (as in, the ones who throw/catch/carry the ball) get OROY.  Hell, despite my whining about the pick, Mattison is more likely to get OROY than a center.
Yep... Actually kinda hope not. The year a center wins OROY is probably going to be boring as sh**.

He would have to block for a 2,000 yard rusher and a 5,000 yard passer lol.
I don't see that happening.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@RS Express said:
Yep... Actually kinda hope not. The year a center wins OROY is probably going to be boring as sh**.
If OUR center wins OROY, I don't care how boring it is because it would likely mean that the Vikings are protecting Cousins better, opening holes for Dalvin, and winning a lot. 

If a center would ever win the OROY award (or even come close), it may be due to a very mediocre WR, RB and QB draft class. 
Sorry, Cardinals... Wink