Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins already impressed with WR Jordan Taylor
After Minnesota’s OTA practice on Wednesday, quarterback Kirk Cousins was asked about the 27-year-old pass catcher and he had nothing but good things to say.
Quote:“I really like him. He’s a diamond in the rough. He’s got some stuff to him. Not only does he have some juice, but he’s been on the details. 
He gets to the right spot and catches the football when it’s a tough catch. I love playing with people who are on their details and he is that way.”
That’s some pretty high praise for a guy like Taylor who has barely been with the Vikings for a month. If he can stay healthy next season, he could potentially emerge as a surprise weapon for Minnesota’s offense.
Big emphasis on staying healthy though. Taylor hasn’t appeared in a regular season game in the NFL since 2017 after undergoing surgery on both of his hips in January of 2018.
However, he hasn’t had any health issues yet during his short time with the Vikings and it’s resulting in him getting more opportunities. With fellow receiver Stefon Diggsnot on the field for the team’s first two OTA practices this week, Taylor has reportedly been getting snaps with Minnesota’s first-team offense.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
After Minnesota’s OTA practice on Wednesday, quarterback Kirk Cousins was asked about the 27-year-old pass catcher and he had nothing but good things to say.
“I really like him. He’s a diamond in the rough. He’s got some stuff to him. Not only does he have some juice, but he’s been on the details. 
He gets to the right spot and catches the football when it’s a tough catch. I love playing with people who are on their details and he is that way.”
That’s some pretty high praise for a guy like Taylor who has barely been with the Vikings for a month. If he can stay healthy next season, he could potentially emerge as a surprise weapon for Minnesota’s offense.
Big emphasis on staying healthy though. Taylor hasn’t appeared in a regular season game in the NFL since 2017 after undergoing surgery on both of his hips in January of 2018.
However, he hasn’t had any health issues yet during his short time with the Vikings and it’s resulting in him getting more opportunities. With fellow receiver Stefon Diggsnot on the field for the team’s first two OTA practices this week, Taylor has reportedly been getting snaps with Minnesota’s first-team offense.
Taylor is an intriguing prospect. Peyton Manning apparently loved him. I like what Cousins said about him. Something about if the route break is 14 yards, he breaks at 14 yards, not 13, not 15. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
“I really like him. He’s a diamond in the rough. He’s got some stuff to him. Not only does he have some juice, but he’s been on the details. 
Taylor is an intriguing prospect. Peyton Manning apparently loved him. I like what Cousins said about him. Something about if the route break is 14 yards, he breaks at 14 yards, not 13, not 15. 
....and he just turned 27 years old not that long ago. Not trying to get silly about the guy, but maybe he'll offer more than many fans might have originally thought. 

Did you get the feeling that Kirk was comparing Taylor to Treadwell? (Especially when it comes to details.)

I think Kirk is saying things from his perspective because he often throws to spots where the receiver is suppose to be.
A lot of his passes are anticipation throws.
He has to be able to trust receivers to be there and to be there on time because he does not have a lot of time.  Last year he didn't IMO.

Another article about Taylor and Treadwell:

https://purpleptsd.com/taylor-overtakes-...l-at-otas/

Olabisi Johnson, Dillon Mitchell, Jordan Taylor, Jeff Badet, Chad Beebe, and Brandon Zylstra.

One of these will push Treadie to 2nd team - or off the roster.

At some point the $ value of keeping him vs cutting is overcome by the value of keeping another valuable asset on the 53.

That may very well be the case this year as the quality behind #11 has seemingly improved. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Another article about Taylor and Treadwell:

https://purpleptsd.com/taylor-overtakes-...l-at-otas/
"In college at Ole Miss, Treadwell’s height (6’3”) and athleticism helped him to dominate defenders."

Athleticism? Not hardly. He was a big guy who tracked the ball well and was a strong contested catch receiver. But he had ZERO juice, or athleticism. That was the one thing I noticed when I first started watching him. 

Sunshine got some game. Check out the catch at :50

Why is it that if we can clearly see that tready is not getting it done and question why he's still on the team (we're termed haters).  He won't be the first 1st, rounder to wash out and definitely not the last.  How many potential players are we gonna lose to protect this mistake---take whatever trade ya can get to get out from under his last year hit and move on.