Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook A Dark Horse For Top Rusher
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pr...in-the-nfl

The only ability he lacks is availa...

I don't think I could be more excited about young Dalvin this season. 

I said it all draft season, but outside zone guru who made stars out of nobodies like Olandis Gary....now with a 1st round talent who excels in outside zone runs... behind the best outside zone center the draft has seen in years....all for a team fiercely committed to the run... 

You like that. 

Arousal?

FINAL THOUGHTS PFT.COMNothing is guaranteed with Cook. Significant injuries have struck in two consecutive seasons, and betting on the Vikings’ offensive line improving isn’t a sure-fire bet by any means. All of the ifs are big ifs.
However, the optimistic view of Cook and the Vikings’ current situation is a sight to behold. A healthy, rejuvenated Cook running rampant in the beauty that is Kubiak’s outside zone offense behind a Bradbury-led offensive line is a dream that, if turned reality, will shock the NFL.

I think this is the right scheme for him.  Bradbury is a step in the right direction in terms of OLine talent.  We'll have to see if the OLine talent has improved enough to make a real difference in 2019.  Rookies don't always hit the ground running and we'll need Elflein to make pretty big improvements, which I'm optimistic about but it's not 100% certain.  Offensive coaching is probably better than we've had in a while, not sure about playcalling.

Will he stay healthy?  Thats probably the biggest question.

He's also one of the favorites to miss half the season.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what ACTUALLY happens. 

I'm very high on Cook this year but I do think it'll be 70/30 Cook/Mattison, maybe even 60/40.
I'd be more than fine with a Kamara/Ingram-like split. Plenty of touches to go around if we can keep the chains moving. I'd be very surprised if they try Cook as a workhorse again. If Mattison can play there is no need to.

No doubt Dalvin is a key piece of they're going to make it to the dance again.

One of many question marks surrounding the personnel on this years squad. 

I'm hoping he doesn't pull a Robert Smith on us. Finally stay healthy. Put together a league leading season. Then call it a career. 
To be clear. I'm hoping for the 1st two parts just not the 3rd. Even though I respected Robert's decision.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I'm hoping he doesn't pull a Robert Smith on us. Finally stay healthy. Put together a league leading season. Then call it a career. 
To be clear. I'm hoping for the 1st two parts just not the 3rd. Even though I respected Robert's decision.
Robert Smith played 8 seasons

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@suncoastvike said:
Robert Smith played 8 seasons
Yeah most of 8 seasons. Always had rushing title ability. Then when he finally stayed healthy and got one he retired. That's what I mean.