Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telvin Smith Taking 2019 Off

TELVIN SMITHLB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
Jaguars LB Telvin Smith has announced he will not play in 2019."At this time I must take time away from this game and get my world in order," Smith said in an Instagram post. "I must give this time back to myself, my family and my health." The word "retirement" was never mentioned. Smith rumors have been percolating for some time now, while the Jags have loaded up on linebackers, including a potential third-round replacement in Quincy Williams. Now 28, Smith remained an every-down player last season, though his effectiveness fell off from an elite 2017. He still managed to notch a sack, two interceptions and a forced fumble in addition to 134 tackles. It is entirely unclear what is causing Smith to step away.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Almost sounds like he's being pro-active with his mental / family health as if getting advice from E. Griffen.

Good luck to him. If he is aware that he needs to handle his business, then go handle it.

The 3rd Round Reach Pick for Qunicy Williams makes more sense to me now.

The guy had no pro day or combine, but has good cover skills.

So they start the blurb by quoting Smith:
"At this time I must take time away from this game and get my world in order," Smith said in an Instagram post. "I must give this time back to myself, my family and my health." 

And then end it with this??:  "It is entirely unclear what is causing Smith to step away."

Either the reporter lacks basic comprehension, or he's calling Telvin Smith a liar.