Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiper picks Bradbury as Instant Impact player
Garrett Bradbury, C, Minnesota VikingsPick: No. 18
Yes, offensive linemen picked in the first round are supposed to start on Day 1 with their new teams. But I want to highlight Bradbury here because of the way he instantly makes the Vikings better. Quarterback Kirk Cousins was just OK last season, but it was the Minnesota running game that disappointed most, as its 93.3 yards per game ranked 30th in the league. And in the Vikings' new zone-blocking scheme, the athletic Bradbury is a perfect fit at center, allowing Pat Elflein to move to guard. That helps turn a huge weakness into a potential strength.
With an improved running game, Cousins will be improved, too. And in Year 2 of his three-year deal, the offense must be more complete for the Vikings to get back to the playoffs.

His potential impact makes both sides of the ball better. We should see a lot less negative runs, better time of possession, explosive runs, and a better screen game. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834...ard#slide3

They have Leatherwood at G, but he has been moved to LT...I can see us going there Day 1...Leatherwood will probably be gone, but that is who I'd probably take...

This is really good to see...Back in January, two offensive linemen really stood out to me....Fast forward three months, they're next to each other in purple. 

[Image: D5q8LLwX4AULxQN.jpg:large]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
This is really good to see...Back in January, two offensive linemen really stood out to me....Fast forward three months, they're next to each other in purple. 

Bradbury sure looks the part.  That build...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
His potential impact makes both sides of the ball better. We should see a lot less negative runs, better time of possession, explosive runs, and a better screen game. 
And a much improved play action passing game.

Been awhile since AD was running wild on teams for us. A dependable running game would really be a fun thing to watch this season. Here is hoping

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

I agree that Samia will win the LG spot. He is very quick with his feet for a big man. He needs to be better with his hands at times though. Overall, Samia was a steal in the 4th and will be an impact player on that line.

Vikes will start the season against a decent team and a decent QB in Atlanta, albeit at home (U.S. Bank). Can't be too sloppy starting out. 

Quote: @Canthony said:
@MaroonBells said:

I agree that Samia will win the LG spot. He is very quick with his feet for a big man. He needs to be better with his hands at times though. Overall, Samia was a steal in the 4th and will be an impact player on that line.
Well, I'm not saying he's going to win the RG job out of the gate. Just that it's cool to see two players we talked to much about in purple. I think there's a decent chance Samia gets the job at some point this year.