Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistently Carted Off Collins Can't Compete

It's the Vikings.  It's the OL.  You weren't expecting them to stay healthy an entire week were you?  Silly optimists. (insert headbang emoji)

Quote: @RS Express said:
It's the Vikings.  It's the OL.  You weren't expecting them to stay healthy an entire week were you?  Silly optimists. (insert headbang emoji)
Unreal. Always something.

Thus far in Training Camp, the Minnesota Vikings have managed to avoid any significant new injuries. A few players started camp on either the NFI or PUP lists, but the early practices, for the most part, have been injury-free. Unfortunately, that changed on Thursday, and it could be bad news for a player that the Vikings had some hopes for.

Offensive lineman Aviante Collins, who missed all of the 2018 season with a bicep injury, needed to be carted off the field during Thursday’s practice session after suffering what is being described as a left leg injury.

Collins is in his third season with the Vikings, having signed with the team as an undrafted free agent out of Texas Christian before the 2017 season. He played in three games as a reserve in that 2017 season, and was injured during camp in 2018.

The early reports from camp have indicated that Collins was performing pretty well, and he has the ability to back up at both tackle spots, as well as at the guard position. That sort of versatility could be useful to the Vikings if the injury he suffered today isn’t too serious.

Once we have an update on the condition of Aviante Collins, we will pass it along here. We’ll be keeping our fingers crossed.
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/8/1/2...ining-camp

Looks like he's picking up where he left off last year... Sad

man i hope this is not serious.  This kid has so much potential, good head on his shoulders, strength and mobility.  I believe with health, he can be a solid if not above average RT on this team, moving ONeill to LT once Reiff is gone. 

I was hoping he was going to take the RG position this year, fingers crossed

Doesn't sound good. Carted off. Visibly upset. Vikings claim OL off waivers within minutes of injury. I'll keep my hopes up, but this is probably IR.