Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Woods
2019 Masters Champion.  Great tournament against all the top players in the world.

Wow, talk about come-backs...

Historical

https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/11...8981245952&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2831315-tiger-woods-wins-dramatic-2019-masters-for-his-1st-major-win-in-over-10-years

https://twitter.com/jacknicklaus/status/...4456699905&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2F

Maybe the best comeback in sports history.

Well, time is obviously not on his side but hopefully he can continue to make it interesting for a few years.  He is great for the sport.

Not fan of what Tiger did to fall from grace, but I was rooting for him to finish it off.  It was a very entertaining tournament to watch the past couple days.

Amazing! Was posted up with a couple buddies and we were all rooting for him. Didn't look like it was going to happen and then Molinari put his ball in the drink... wow. Did not see that coming.
I was lucky enough to go out and see him live at a tournament earlier this year and that was electric. Watching him on TV today was even better.

Is the old Tiger back ??  I don't know.  What does seem to be back is how he is once again getting in the other players heads..  In the past 5-10 years while he has been working on getting his game back and his health it seems the rest of the field has not had any concerns. He wasn't playing well, his back wasn't right nor was his mind.  Yesterday I saw Molanari trying to make the perfect shot and ended up in the water.  There is no way when leading the masters on the last day you don't make damn sure you have enough club to stay dry, but he felt the pressure from Tiger.  Then for Finau to follow right behind him and put his ball in the water.  That pretty much ended both their days.  Koepka had a put that would have put him even with Tiger but he admitted in an interview that he second guessed himself.  He said he knew it would break left as that put always does.  But he said Tigers put from about the same spot stayed right as did someone elses put.  So he played it to stay right and it went left like it always does.  Ive never really cared for Tiger as a person, he always seemed like a D-Bag but he was fun to watch.  His comeback has made golf fun to watch again and it reminds a lot of people just how good he guy was in his prime when week after week the betting line was Tiger or the field. 

Quote: @Purple Haze said:
Is the old Tiger back ??  I don't know.  What does seem to be back is how he is once again getting in the other players heads..  In the past 5-10 years while he has been working on getting his game back and his health it seems the rest of the field has not had any concerns. He wasn't playing well, his back wasn't right nor was his mind.  Yesterday I saw Molanari trying to make the perfect shot and ended up in the water.  There is no way when leading the masters on the last day you don't make damn sure you have enough club to stay dry, but he felt the pressure from Tiger.  Then for Finau to follow right behind him and put his ball in the water.  That pretty much ended both their days.  Koepka had a put that would have put him even with Tiger but he admitted in an interview that he second guessed himself.  He said he knew it would break left as that put always does.  But he said Tigers put from about the same spot stayed right as did someone elses put.  So he played it to stay right and it went left like it always does.  Ive never really cared for Tiger as a person, he always seemed like a D-Bag but he was fun to watch.  His comeback has made golf fun to watch again and it reminds a lot of people just how good he guy was in his prime when week after week the betting line was Tiger or the field. 
I think Molinari watched 2 guys put it in the drink right before he teed up and that got in his head more than Tiger. He's usually a machine but that gets in your head more than anything especially since Tiger didn't hit until AFTER Molinari put it in the water. Regardless, I can only imagine how big the ratings will be for this Masters. It was a little weird watching it so early as they moved up the tee times to miss the incoming thunderstorms. 

Quote: @Purple Haze said:
We'll never see the same Tiger that completely dominated the field for years...  but on Sunday he played like the Tiger we were used to seeing.  Big drives down the fairway, in complete control of his irons, and he grinded out pars and birdies when other guys were scrambling to keep pace.  It was fun to watch (and I'm not a huge golf fan).