Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike McCarthy complains about firing
[Image: gettyimages-889593556-e1554256970562.jpg...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Some think the Packers didn’t handle the firing of coach Mike McCarthy well. Some include Mike McCarthy.  B)
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/02/mike-mccarthy-complains-about-firing-in-new-interview-with-espn-com/

Nope....still don't give a damn

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Nope....still don't give a damn
There’s a lot to be said for consistency...  Wink 

Meh....I just remember the good 'ol days of the '70s and '80s....looking at the dates we played them and thinking...."Well, there's two wins right there"

So mccarthey creates the  monster and them complains when the  monster eats him?  Wah!  If he would have jerked Roger's chain early on when he exhibited his diva tendencies it wouldn't have blown up in his face.  Roger's filled a leadership void when mccarthey failed to do it himself.

I'm sure I'm in the minority as this board hates everything Packer regardless, but I thought McCarthy was a decent HC. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm sure I'm in the minority as this board hates everything Packer regardless, but I thought McCarthy was a decent HC. 

I think he had a good offensive mind, kinda like Green.

I started to doubt his hc capabilities when I look at his record without Rogers. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

I started to doubt his hc capabilities when I look at his record without Rogers. 

I guess I'd challenge somebody to find a coach that does consistently well, year in and year out without a franchise QB....especially at Rogers's level. And what do you have to work with at the #2 spot when you are paying a ton of money to your starting QB? I don't think its a completely fair prism to judge a coach in the NFL who has a great QB. Great players make great coaches and when you have a lesser than guy in such an important position as NFL QB, you aren't going to be as successful. JMO on the subject.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

I guess I'd challenge somebody to find a coach that does consistently well, year in and year out without a franchise QB....especially at Rogers's level. And what do you have to work with at the #2 spot when you are paying a ton of money to your starting QB? I don't think its a completely fair prism to judge a coach in the NFL who has a great QB. Great players make great coaches and when you have a lesser than guy in such an important position as NFL QB, you aren't going to be as successful. JMO on the subject.
The guy who comes to mind is the aforementioned Mr Green. Playoffs most every year. One losing season. How many different QB's? I think Denny could have done better with a Farve or a Rodgers.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:

The guy who comes to mind is the aforementioned Mr Green. Playoffs most every year. One losing season. How many different QB's? I think Denny could have done better with a Farve or a Rodgers.
Denny could have done better with a Defense...He did pretty good finding Randall, George and then Pepp.