Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Reuter 4-Round Mock...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024599/article/fourround-2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-fins-trade-up-for-qbs

This one is for you, FSU...  :-D

Vikings picks:

1st: OG, Chris Lindstrom
2nd: DE, Charles Omenihu
3rd: S, Deionte Thompson
4th: RB, Bryce Love

I dont think Lindstrom is a 10 year all pro, but an improvement on our line for sure.  Think this is the best draft I've seen, but fan of Love in the 4th.

Replace Thompson with an OT and move the S and RB picks down a round or two and I'll take it. If we draft Lindstrom, who's a guard only, that means we have zero qualified depth at tackle. And it's unlikely we'll find one in round 6 and below. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Replace Thompson with an OT and move the S and RB picks down a round or two and I'll take it. If we draft Lindstrom, who's a guard only, that means we have zero qualified depth at tackle. And it's unlikely we'll find one in round 6 and below. 
Rashod Hill has starting experience and has played well in spurts in his young career.  I guess I wouldn't characterize that as zero qualified depth.  Plus I think Collins could play RT if he doesn't nail down a starting OG spot and starts the season as a backup.

However, looking long-term...  I do agree that we should probably move a developmental OT higher up the list in the draft.  Hill is only signed through this year and Collins might be a RFA after the season as well...  

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
Rashod Hill has starting experience and has played well in spurts in his young career.  I guess I wouldn't characterize that as zero qualified depth.  Plus I think Collins could play RT if he doesn't nail down a starting OG spot and starts the season as a backup.

However, looking long-term...  I do agree that we should probably move a developmental OT higher up the list in the draft.  Hill is only signed through this year and Collins might be a RFA after the season as well...  
Forgot about Hill. Still, would rather see us grab an OT in either the 3rd or 4th round. 

@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

Forgot about Hill. Still, would rather see us grab an OT in either the 3rd or 4th round. 
Trey Pipkins is a name to watch if they wait on OT. He won't play in 2019 but has the physical traits and feet to develop as the 4th OT for a year. 

In this draft class I think you likely will need to go OT early (top 2 rounds) to get value. The interior line depth lasts through the 4th when it comes to potential day 1 starters. After the top tier OT's are off the board I don't think there is a substantial drop off between the mid-tier guys and the later round developmental prospects. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

Trey Pipkins is a name to watch if they wait on OT. He won't play in 2019 but has the physical traits and feet to develop as the 4th OT for a year. 

In this draft class I think you likely will need to go OT early (top 2 rounds) to get value. The interior line depth lasts through the 4th when it comes to potential day 1 starters. After the top tier OT's are off the board I don't think there is a substantial drop off between the mid-tier guys and the later round developmental prospects. 
I've run across Pipkins name a few times. Profile looks good. Getting some buzz on twitter...from Andy Carlson especially. Apparently the Vikings have met/will meet with him twice. 

From Twitter: Prospects the #Vikings have met with more than once:

Devine Ozigbo RB Nebraska
Lamont Gaillard G Georgia
Noah Fant TE Iowa
Terrill Hanks OLB New Mexico State
Trey Pipkins OT Sioux Falls

The Fant thing scares me. I don't want a TE in the 1st round, least of all Fant. I'll take comfort in the fact that the Vikings met with Mike Hughes zero times. 

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

I've run across Pipkins name a few times. Profile looks good. Getting some buzz on twitter...from Andy Carlson especially. Apparently the Vikings have met/will meet with him twice. 

Noah Fant TE Iowa

The Fant thing scares me. I don't want a TE in the 1st round, least of all Fant. I'll take comfort in the fact that the Vikings met with Mike Hughes zero times. 
Fant definitely has his drawbacks but the upside and traits are tantalizing. I would still prioritize a high-end defensive prospect if the top OT options are off the board but he would then be next on my list. Even if it takes over a year for him to develop like most TE prospects he still can be the 3rd receiver in 2019. Assuming health and some level of blocking the combination of Thielen, Diggs, Fant, Rudolph, Cook would cause a lot of problems on paper. 

EDIT - Don't get too comfortable. They actually met with Hughes twice last off-season. Once at his pro-day and then they brought him up to MN for a top 30 visit. 

More and more im thinking we are sitting on a WR or TE or CB in our spot.  I did a mock last night and took Wilkins at 18 and there was nothing of great value at Oline the entire rest of the draft. I would be desperate to trade down if Ford, Dillard, Taylor, and williams are all off the board 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

Noah Fant TE Iowa

Fant definitely has his drawbacks but the upside and traits are tantalizing. I would still prioritize a high-end defensive prospect if the top OT options are off the board but he would then be next on my list. Even if it takes over a year for him to develop like most TE prospects he still can be the 3rd receiver in 2019. Assuming health and some level of blocking the combination of Thielen, Diggs, Fant, Rudolph, Cook would cause a lot of problems on paper. 

EDIT - Don't get too comfortable. They actually met with Hughes twice last off-season. Once at his pro-day and then they brought him up to MN for a top 30 visit. 
Thought sure they didn't meet with Hughes, but it appears you're right. I must be thinking of another pick. 

Fant scares me because I heard some things about this character. Probably why the Vikings are meeting with him twice. TE will definitely be among the positions we'll consider at 18. I just hope we don't go that route. Yeah, we can get a starting OL at 50, but he's less likely to be an impact player. Plus, as I've said before, TE is just so deep this year. Much rather pair up a 3rd rounder like Warring, Oliver, Knox with a 1st round lineman than vice versa.