Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC NORTH Offseason Analysis

Was listening to a podcast recently and they called the NFC North the best division in football. Hard to disagree. Bears, Vikings and Packers are all solid and improving teams. And the Lions are more talented than their record shows. 

I see the Bears dropping this year. Couple reasons for that. They were 1st in the league in turnovers last year, and 3rd in games lost to injury. In other words, luck played a big part of their success in '18 and they're due for some negative regression in those areas. That, combined with the Fangio loss, a 1st place schedule, and the fact that they still have the NFL's most inaccurate QB, will see them lose a few more. I hate to say it, but I think the Packers are better this year. 

If the Vikings offense does what a Kubiak offense typically does, and Zimmer's defense doesn't have some sort of disappearing act, which we've seen a few times in recent years, then the Vikings will win this division. 

I expect the defense to be closer to what it was in 2017 then last year. The offense even with the bad oline should have been better then they were last year. Flip was a flop. We had no system it seemed. Winging it from week to week and I was never sure what our identity was supposed to be. No balance and no imagination. Alot went wrong last year and our schedule was brutal. Yet we still had a shot in week 17. Less drama like Griff going over the edge among other unimaginable things should help. If we can balance the offense and play Zimmer D. No reason to believe we don't have a better shot this year.  We make the playoffs. Good chance at the division.

That was a pretty solid write-up.  Lots of detail and the writer was quite down on the Packers Smile
The Pack is boom or bust IMO.  If they struggle, which their opening schedule is tough, Petty Boy Rodgers could implode on the new coaches.  Their RT Bulaga faces Mack, Von Miller and Danielle Hunter to start the season.  Good luck Aaron. 

I see the Viking ascending and the Bears struggling as they don't have all the bounces go their way in 2019.  Parkey's curse?

"The Bears have an average offensive line with some weak spots- particularly at both guard spots and also run blocking across the board."
If true, it didn't show against the Vikings last year. Joseph didn't seem to be his usual self and was probably banged up a bit. Richardson was capable but inconsistent.