Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladies and Gentlemen... We Got Him!
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@JimmyinSD said:

everything about this offseason doesnt really fill me with much hope.. just like last year.  We needed interior OL help and Rick shuffled some existing guys around and added some fluff pieces in order to create the illusion that the issue was being handled..last year it was lets move the back up LT to RT, make the RT play RG,  and add some crap,  and then really didnt do anything to actually improve the interior OL.  fast forward a year... lets sign an OT,  move the RT to LT and then make the old LT play LG.

I should be more supportive,  but after nearly a decade of holding my breath waiting for something to change for the good.... its just not there.  I am not going to blame everything on Rick,  the injuries on the OL have been staggering but at some point somebody needs to answer for not having better player waiting in the wings and for not addressing the interior issue much sooner.
James, I'd like to second your feelings. Hope without seeing results gets tiresome.  Injuries indeed have been a nightmare for the Vikes on the OL. 
But to spend huge money on a QB yet spend nickels and dimes on the very men paid to keep him upright and healthy is bizarre.  I remember seeing Compton and Remmers literally getting thrown around by the Bears D line in 2018, and not just by Mack.  Is having a short memory a requirement for everyone on the Vikes management and coaching staff?

SHit!.... I thought I was in trouble for a moment when you started out with my Christian name... I was looking around for my Granny.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
I'll take it, but I'd rather have Kline. 
honestly... I am expecting a move to allow the team to still sign 2 FA OL.  It just doesnt seem like Rick to head into the draft with teams knowing exactly what he wants to target.  I see him filling the OL holes with iffy FAs and then wanting to be able to chase those players that he really likes regardless of position.
This doesn't exactly fill me with hope. Filling needs with iffy FAs, giving the false impression that we can take BPAs...is a recipe for disaster. 
everything about this offseason doesnt really fill me with much hope.. just like last year.  We needed interior OL help and Rick shuffled some existing guys around and added some fluff pieces in order to create the illusion that the issue was being handled..last year it was lets move the back up LT to RT, make the RT play RG,  and add some crap,  and then really didnt do anything to actually improve the interior OL.  fast forward a year... lets sign an OT,  move the RT to LT and then make the old LT play LG.

I should be more supportive,  but after nearly a decade of holding my breath waiting for something to change for the good.... its just not there.  I am not going to blame everything on Rick,  the injuries on the OL have been staggering but at some point somebody needs to answer for not having better player waiting in the wings and for not addressing the interior issue much sooner.
Add crap?  We haven't even done that this off season lol.  A literal pile of crap might make a DT run around our line so as not to get his feet dirty.  I hope they go with smelly crap as well.  horse and cow aren't a surefire strategy.  I'd personally go with chicken or pig. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
honestly... I am expecting a move to allow the team to still sign 2 FA OL.  It just doesnt seem like Rick to head into the draft with teams knowing exactly what he wants to target.  I see him filling the OL holes with iffy FAs and then wanting to be able to chase those players that he really likes regardless of position.
This doesn't exactly fill me with hope. Filling needs with iffy FAs, giving the false impression that we can take BPAs...is a recipe for disaster. 

Add crap?  We haven't even done that this off season lol.  A literal pile of crap might make a DT run around our line so as not to get his feet dirty.  I hope they go with smelly crap as well.  horse and cow aren't a surefire strategy.  I'd personally go with chicken or pig. 
R>E>L>A>X  bro... there is still plenty of time in FA to get their crap rounded up.

so apparently the Jets are getting even... they have signed Tom Compton out from under us... free agency is looking up already.

so apparently the Jets are getting even... they have signed Tom Compton out from under us... free agency is looking up already.
That’ll teach us, Brett Jones could be next!  B)

I'm starting to think we might not win the Super Bowl this year. :/

Quote: @purpleloki said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I'm starting to think we might not win the Super Bowl this year. :/
the Jets fans have to be feeling the same way... if they thought they hated the Vikings before...just wait until their QB is relying on Tom Compton to keep him vertical.

@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:

R>E>L>A>X  bro... there is still plenty of time in FA to get their crap rounded up.
Na, I'm fine.  I went into this knowing the Vikings weren't going to get some massive upgrade to the line with the signing of Barr.