Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 5 Best Teams at Managing the Salary Cap

Piss on the Patriots. Overrated collection of talent, overrated at drafting, and now overrated at managing their cap. Pretty easy to manage the cap when your QB offers to take pay cuts any time you need to sign someone. If my wife made $30M a year I'd take a pay cut too. The Patriots win so freaking always because of Belichick (the coach, not the GM) and the QB. You take those two things off of that team and they're the Cardinals with a dropped "R."

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Piss on the Patriots. Overrated collection of talent, overrated at drafting, and now overrated at managing their cap. Pretty easy to manage the cap when your QB offers to take pay cuts any time you need to sign someone. If my wife made $30M a year I'd take a pay cut too. The Patriots win so freaking always because of Belichick (the coach, not the GM) and the QB. You take those two things off of that team and they're the Cardinals with a dropped "R."
Overrated? They have 6 rings and he is smart enough to make sure he gets players. Plus, you know Kraft is paying Brady his money lol

Great category in which to be elite. Too bad it means squat for the Vikings fan base (although the Wilf's are happy as shit!)

Of the 7 teams listed (including the 2 that "just missed", IND & SEA), 6 teams won or at least MADE a Super Bowl the past 13 seasons. 

3 guesses on who is the LONE team that DIDN'T do either.

But, hey, at least the Vikings front office is good at SOMETHING! It sure as hell ain't winning playoff games the last few decades.....I suppose that the chant "Weeee are the Champions of the financial aspect of the NFL, my friends" might gain popularity in the next 25 years (when gambling finally takes over professional sports). 

But as of now, teams are judged by WINNING ACTUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. Not being good on some arbitrary ledger sheet for a BILLIONAIRE team owner. Good Lord, is THAT how Vikings fans want to judge the team......FINANCIAL RESTRAINT????!!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Elite at cap management... Whoopee-de-fucking-doo. 2 playoff wins in 13 seasons....Whoppe-de-fucking-doo.

What's the next topic : bestest-ever training facility? WHOO-HOO!  I am SOOOOO excited and happy that millionaires get FREE top-notch training/dining facilities!!! I'll sleep better tonight knowing Kirk Cousins won't have to go to Urgent Care when he stubs his toe!!! Suck on THAT BRADY/BELICHEK!!!!

When this team ACTUALLY makes a Super Bowl, I will offer congratulations to all deserving parties. But until then, I'll judge the team  on what their ACTUAL record indicates. 

Until that HAPPENS, I'd like the entire Viking organization (FO, coaches, players) to STFU and PROVE yourselves on the field and scoreboard.

YOU LIKE THAT!!!!???

Kraft, Belichick and Brady have all proven they have little regard for rules. Anybody who honestly believes Tom is leaving any money on the table "giving" them a discount does not understand the Patriot way.  Skirt the rules or outright cheat then cry jealousy when caught. We win therefore we are innocent. The delusion filters right down to their fan base. Yep I hate them.

Sun my thoughts exactly----don't believe for a sec that he's not getting those millions on the other end after his playing days are over.  Probably some consultant work (cough cough) or such that keeps the checks following