Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: RIP Bill Buckner (69)
Ex-Dodgers, Cubs, Red Sox 1B Bill Buckner Dies at Age 69
He certainly had a tough go for years after the infamous error. Sox fans got a chance for a warm welcome back to Fenway -- after 2 World Series under their belts. 

Lewy Body Dementia is tough stuff. Lost an Uncle to it...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I saw him get his 2500 hit while with the Royals.  The crap he took from the media is something no athlete deserves.  RIP, Billy Bucks!

As a Bronx native and life-long Yankees fan and Red Sox hater, I have always felt bad for Bill. He was actually a very good player for most of his career. He NEVER should have been fielding in that situation, at that point of his career,  with a World Series victory on the line. Just pathetic game management by Boston. 

RIP, Bill. 

As a lifetime Red Sox fan and Yankee hater. I agree with you NJVike. Buckner didn't deserve any of that hatred and definitely should not have been on the field at that time.  But management felt he deserved to be on the field to be part of the win.  That didn't happen.... 

Quote: @njvike said:
As a Bronx native and life-long Yankees fan and Red Sox hater, I have always felt bad for Bill. He was actually a very good player for most of his career. He NEVER should have been fielding in that situation, at that point of his career,  with a World Series victory on the line. Just pathetic game management by Boston. 

RIP, Bill. 
Agreed, but even still, I can't believe how terribly FANS treated him. 

It's the same with Gary Anderson. I can't imagine feeling anything but remorse for the poor guy. You think he wanted to miss that? That ruined our Sunday. It ruined his entire life. 

Also, check out his guest appearance on Curb from back in maybe 2010 or 2011.