Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapoport on Rudolph

I didn't see him as someone that urgently needed to be traded/dropped/renegotiated, as he has beaten his previous injury bug and continues to make plays for the team.

The sportswriters of the world were apparently salivating to write about the Vikings betraying him despite his work in the community, etc etc etc.

Quote: @Zanary said:
I didn't see him as someone that urgently needed to be traded/dropped/renegotiated, as he has beaten his previous injury bug and continues to make plays for the team.

The sportswriters of the world were apparently salivating to write about the Vikings betraying him despite his work in the community, etc etc etc.
There has been rampant speculation and he was one of the names that came up because of the numbers. They need to free up cap space. There are going to have to be some restructures and some cuts. 

I really thought Rudy was one of the tough decisions the Vikings would have to make this off-season. I am surprised he has not been asked to take a pay cut. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
I really thought Rudy was one of the tough decisions the Vikings would have to make this off-season. I am surprised he has not been asked to take a pay cut. 
Me too. 

Rudolph ran a 4.83 at the combine.Morgan ran a 5.02 at the combine.Conklin ran a 4.80 at the combine.
They may have been slightly faster at their pro days but still.
The Vikings might have the slowest tight ends in the NFL.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@dadevike said:
Me too. 
Me 3

I think this explains everything....

#Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph: "You’d have to be out of your mind to turn down a restructure ... They’re going to guarantee [money], lower my cap number and help the team? If that was ever put on the table, why would I decline it?”

I don't see him going anywhere. I see him working with the team if asked.

Rapaport's tweet doesn't make much sense to me.
If the Vikings want Rudolph around "for years to come", a re-structure is by far the best way to assure that, for both player and team. Hmm