Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: Giants send Olivier Vernon to Browns for Kevin Zeitler
Wonder if we could have made this trade w/ Griffen...? 
Two veterans who had been the subject of trade talk are being traded for each other.
The Giants are trading pass rusher Olivier Vernon to the Browns for guard Kevin Zeitler, according to multiple reports. The two teams are also swapping mid-round picks, with the Browns getting a better pick in the exchange.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

I had been wondering if this might have been a place to unload Griff.

Have to wonder if this would be Griffen if not for the mental breakdown. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Or Zim is fighting to retain him...!? 

Shit.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I would love to believe that Spielman was doing everything he could to get Zeitler once he became available.
But, I don't think Spielman valued Zeitler at 10 mil per year going forward.
Since Vernon is two years younger than Griffen and did not miss games because of a mental issue, the Browns made the right choice.
I think it will be hard to trade Griffen really.  Only if the Vikings will accept a 5th and give back a 7th.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Shit.
pretty well sums it up!

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:
I would love to believe that Spielman was doing everything he could to get Zeitler once he became available.
Since Vernon is two years younger than Griffen and did not miss games because of a mental issue, the Browns made the right choice.
I think it will be hard to trade Griffen really.  Only if the Vikings will accept a 5th and give back a 7th.

Yeah, I don't think Griff has much trade value due to his age and the mental health issue he is dealing with...

If the Vikings trade him, it would be purely to gain salary cap because I doubt we'd get more than a Day 3 pick.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:

your right, but he missed the first 5 games due to an ankle injury.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:

your right, but he missed the first 5 games due to an ankle injury.
Are you sure?
https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/23/vikings-everson-griffen-to-return-after-one-month-absence-for-mental-health-issue/
Star defensive end Everson Griffen will return to the Vikings on
Wednesday after being away from the team for a month to address a
mental-health issue.

The Vikings announced on Tuesday that Griffen will return after missing
five games. He was listed as out because of a knee injury for the first
one and as not injury related for the next four.

Either way Vernon is younger.  But it very well could be that the Vikings were happy with Remmers last year.