Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction Thread for Vikings Pick at #18
Going to be a long day. My guess is Bradbury if they keep the pick. I think the Vikings would love to trade down about 4-5 spots and get a guy like Lindstrom at OG. 

I'm feeling like there will be a huge run on offensive lineman early - there are too many skill position players that have some type of "elite" ability to be had on the turn. There are like 6 or 7 WRs with some crazy ability - like 5 or 6 RBs with talent that would be awed over in any other draft. There are a lot of Dalvin Cook, "why is he still here" types at other positions that will sitting there at the start of round 2. 

I'm thinking one of the top non-lineman falls to us and we just pull the trigger. I'll say D.K. Metcalf @18. Gives us years of 3 deep with Cousins throwing the ball and perhaps expands the offense beyond what another TE could do. He shouldn't be there at 18 but totally will be - we'll take him and it'll be shades of Moss until camp...

(honestly, he's not even my favorite WR. I think Marquise Brown in the slot here would be stupid silly... trading back 4-5 spots and "settling" for Brown if Bradbury/Lindstrom is off the board wouldn't make me upset at all... I like the Butler kid from Iowa St. too... i know, i know... it's not even close to a need. i'll shut up now... shouldn't have watched skill position players on YouTube last night...)

edit: LOL! woooooof!

Tough Year to call.  My pick is that we don't pick at #18.  I think we will trade out.  Could be up or down.

I wonder if Minnesota would be at all interested in trading up to like #13 (Dolphins rumored to want to go back) if a guy like OT Jawaan Taylor or OT Andre Dillard were still there? Maybe involve Trae Waynes in the trade up and get a 2nd or 3rd round additional pick?

From Twitter:
'Great point from @jzulgad. When Gary Kubiak was hired, he talked about how he was 'way ahead' w/ evaluating this year's draft class because he spent a year doing so in Denver. His finger prints could be all over this draft.'

I'm thinking Sticky is correct. Probably trade down if there is a run on O line.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
From Twitter:
'Great point from @jzulgad. When Gary Kubiak was hired, he talked about how he was 'way ahead' w/ evaluating this year's draft class because he spent a year doing so in Denver. His finger prints could be all over this draft.'
This is a good note. Kubiak and Dennison have done a really good job identifying O-line and WR talent over the years. They'll have a say but I do think Stefanski will have the larger voice in the room. 

I'm fully expecting a big run on OL and I think Rick will grab Lindstrom at the tail end of it.
That's my prediction. But I hope we can get Bradbury.

Who I want us to pick: Bradbury or Lindstrom

Who I fear we’ll pick: Fant

Our first pick...whether at #18 or a few spots later...will be OL.  Either Bradbury/Dillard.