Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parris Campbell?
I've seen 3-4 articles in the past few days with Campbell listed as a player the Vikings are interested in, and I was a bit surprised. I believe they brought him in for a visit so that's probably the source, but it kind of puzzles me...anyone think there is genuine strong interest? I think he would be a risk/reach at #18 but kind of doubt he will last until #50. So does this just indicate the Vikings feel a 3rd WR is a significant need, maybe believe that Cousins needs a sprinter deep threat to complement Thielen & Diggs? Or dare I wonder if this means there is any issue with Diggs?

I just don't believe anything that anyone writes / says.  Makes this week go alot smoother...  :p

Well we definitely need a 3rd (or 4th) receiving option whether it's a WR3 or TE1-2.  I would put getting another receiving threat above DT.  The defense will be fine, but we need this offense to match it.

Quote: @medaille said:
Well we definitely need a 3rd (or 4th) receiving option whether it's a WR3 or TE1-2.  I would put getting another receiving threat above DT.  The defense will be fine, but we need this offense to match it.
I think this offense could benefit from adding BOTH a receiving/flex TE AND a deep threat WR. Last year we were trying to use Conklin a bit - or was Treadwell a "receiving TE"? - and Aldrick Robinson was our speed WR. No idea if the new offensive coaches think Treadwell has some role (hopefully not), but if we don't add anything significant via the draft for either of these positions, Robinson is still a FA, and at TE, maybe Conklin will improve - or maybe give Maxx Williams a shot with the home team.
My preference would be a couple early picks in these areas. Andy Isabella and Josh Oliver would be nice additions.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I've seen 3-4 articles in the past few days with Alexander listed as a player the Vikings are interested in, and I was a bit surprised. I believe they brought him in for a visit so that's probably the source, but it kind of puzzles me...anyone think there is genuine strong interest? I think he would be a risk/reach at #18 but kind of doubt he will last until #50. So does this just indicate the Vikings feel a 3rd WR is a significant need, maybe believe that Cousins needs a sprinter deep threat to complement Thielen & Diggs? Or dare I wonder if this means there is any issue with Diggs?
You mean Parris Campbell, right? I think the Vikings take a receiver on day two. And don't be surprised if they trade Laquon on day three. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Jor-El said:
I've seen 3-4 articles in the past few days with Alexander listed as a player the Vikings are interested in, and I was a bit surprised. I believe they brought him in for a visit so that's probably the source, but it kind of puzzles me...anyone think there is genuine strong interest? I think he would be a risk/reach at #18 but kind of doubt he will last until #50. So does this just indicate the Vikings feel a 3rd WR is a significant need, maybe believe that Cousins needs a sprinter deep threat to complement Thielen & Diggs? Or dare I wonder if this means there is any issue with Diggs?
You mean Parris Campbell, right? I think the Vikings take a receiver on day two. And don't be surprised if they trade Laquon on day three. 

Yeah, geez who was I thinking of? Thanks for the correction.
I'll be surprised if there is any market for Treadwell, but hope you're right.

This kid is a super athlete. Elite physical traits. Would be a multi-dimensional threat. If they didn't go OL, I'd be fine with this guy. That's how much I think his upside is. Very fast and shifty. Likes to block at the position. Solid build.

There's no way I'd take him at 18. At 50, sure, but only if Deebo's gone. 

I'd strongly consider him at 50. He would add a new element to the offense and is a strong kick/punt return candidate. If they are going to add a WR a gadget/speed player would provide the most value since it'd allow them to challenge opposing defenses horizontally.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This kid is a super athlete. Elite physical traits. Would be a multi-dimensional threat. If they didn't go OL, I'd be fine with this guy. That's how much I think his upside is. Very fast and shifty. Likes to block at the position. Solid build.

Maybe I am nervous about Campbell because the first comp I ever saw for him was "Cordarelle Patterson" and the second was "Percy Harvin". I know those were meant to be flattering, but both those WRs bring thoughts to Vikings fans that are......complicated...