Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reunited And It Feels So Good/Sloterhouse Rules

I loved watching that kid during the pre-season games.. He has so much energy.  I thought he be the number two quarterback ahead of Siemen.  Hopefully he will make the jump this year.

I've heard some trade buzz about Sloter. Can't see that happening though. If he's not the #2 this year it would be a pretty big upset.

He hasn't been afforded much opportunity. His fate with the Vikings was pretty much sealed when the $84 million dollar man was guaranteed for three years.
The only Vikings QB that played well in pre-season was, once again, Sloter.

it's a little fun to think of Spielman being so salty over Kirk Cousins' performance himself that hired Kubiak just to get Sloter ready to play.

Cousin's deal will be over fast. He won't be resigned at his current rate of production. If you can get 2 years out of Kubiak it could go a long way for Sloter...

I cant explain why - But I have had a good vibe about this kid since we got him and I read his story. As he stated, He has gained the valuable experience he needed running the practice squad. Granted not a real game, but for his limited college career I think it was important development time for him. I hear he has an outstanding arm and is very mobile when necessary. Really hoping he takes over the Back Up spot this coming year.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
it's a little fun to think of Spielman being so salty over Kirk Cousins' performance himself that hired Kubiak just to get Sloter ready to play.

Cousin's deal will be over fast. He won't be resigned at his current rate of production. If you can get 2 years out of Kubiak it could go a long way for Sloter...
Spielman getting Sloter ready to take over for Cousins? Wow, that's a leap. I know my friend from NJ believes the Wilfs are utterly in Spielman's thrall, but I think Zygi and Mark will find about 84 million reasons to fire Rick if their investment in Cousins turns out to have been just as much a waste as his picks for Ponder and Bradford. This time next year, if the Vikings are even thinking Sloter might take over from Cousins, that will be a decision for a new GM.

Kubiak is here to build a blocking scheme and running game that will make Cousins play so well no one will question his contract - or pay any attention to Sloter after preseason.

Kyle Sloter is going to save Rick Spielman's job and you're gonna be sooooo pissed!

Little Peaches & Herb - old, old school way

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Little Peaches & Herb - old, old school way

Personally, I preferred the marriage of Kyle Sloter, Slaughterhouse Five and Cider House Rules.